InsomniaDreams

Does anyone get the urge to just get high?

InsomniaDreams

I know it's bad and I'm not endorsing or recommending actions here. Maybe I'm just bored. I need a cigarette I know that much and I don't have any. I haven't posted on here in a while. I'm stuck indoors as my credit card company is charging me loads and I struggle to pay it off with dole payments. Anyway that's a different thing. I just feel like I have this whole world of action inside me and I can't do anything with it. I'm thinking of buying a bike for my birthday as that would enable me to go out and not cost anything. I'm having some frustrations building lasting regular communications and relationships on the internet. People seem to just stop after a while. I don't have much to talk about in my life as every day is the same really. I'm gonna be 30 in April and that bothers me. I'm trying to walk the line between exposure and privacy. I'd like to make YouTube vids but not be in them...or be in them rarely. Maybe by drawing cartoons in them I dunno. I really do like being mysterious lol. I think I'm gonna go downstairs and pour myself a brandy right now. That's what I got for Christmas. Hope people had a nice Christmas by the way. I got brandy and hideous days of the week socks and chocolate truffles which I ate rather quickly. It's boredom really. It's all boredom.

Whoops I've posted this in the wrong section I think....sorry.

Heather

Hi... I don't have the urge to "get high" but then again, I haven't been addicted to cigarettes or alcohol, though I have drunk alcohol before and used to go out with friends (that basically lasted a few months, I was trying it out with them sometime after I turned 19 because of my friends).  On the other side, I know my boyfriend was a really heavy smoker for a few years starting when he was quite young to around the time we first started talking (he would have been about 20/21).. he used to smoke a LOT a day.. basically a "chain smoker".  He had a LOT in his past and it was a lot to deal with.. and so that was basically it.. so I can understand why you would be craving to smoke.  In fact, my boyfriend admits that sometimes he feels like starting to smoke again, when the stresses pile up, because he remembers it as something relaxing.. but also (and why he quit really) as something that was scary.. because he woke up not being able to breathe a lot of times.. so I don't think he would start smoking again.. but I understand why you would want to.

I think that it would be a good idea for you to buy a bike if you can, because if that's something that you like doing, it should help you feel better about your life, and you will get exercise which apparently makes people feel happier (endorphins or something?) and also you will be getting/staying fitter/stronger so that can help people feel good too. :)  And it's something to do that will hopefully take your mind of things a bit!  And if you don't get a bike, or before you do, you could start going for walks more if you don't already.. even just getting out of the house can be good...

Maybe you can also try and contact your credit card company to see if they can lower the payments to something more affordable for yourself so you can pay it off without struggling so much. 

And make YouTube videos, that sounds like a good thing you could do, positive, and you want to do it.. and YouTube has a nice community.. though if you ever get negative comments (because they happen) don't get discouraged because some people are just miserable people (and/or trolls). 

Enjoy the brandy!  I hope things start getting better for you soon. :)

TheWizardofCalculus

I used to get high every day (marijuana).  All in all, it was a fun experience while it lasted, but it doesn't really solve anything.  Sometimes if I'm just overstressed, I may start drinking to relieve anxiety, but I haven't felt the need to indugle heavily in alcohol lately.

InsomniaDreams

Ty for responses. I've got a philosophy presentation on Monday which I'm looking forward to. I like doing those. My question for it is what do we mean by home?

Heather

Ty for responses. I've got a philosophy presentation on Monday which I'm looking forward to. I like doing those. My question for it is what do we mean by home?

You're welcome.  Oh cool, it's good you like doing presentations!  Sounds like an interesting topic!  Have fun! :D  I'm sure you'll get a good mark!

Frankie

Towelie.gifDod-eat-owners-car.jpg

& yes, the dog tried eating the car! lol!

High, I don't take drugs but have smoked cannabis in the past, someone gave me an extacy & it scared the crap out me when everything speeded up & slowed down & peoples voices went high & low. I chucked smoking almost 3 years ago, Drinking, I rarely drink & haven't drank to get drunk in years.

The high/hyper I get is if I drink a can or 2 Monster Ripper, I feel like tigger coz tigger's like to bounce! :)

Jale

I've never really took any drugs.

I have great respect for cannabis, but it is said that we should take cannabis only once or twice because we have to learn how to get into that "high" state without actually consuming that particular substance, without being dependable of cannabis itself.

And I've heard that DMT is very powerful drug.

DMT is released in our blood in very small amounts during the sleep in a REM phase, it is what causes dreams.

However if you consume DMT in larger portions actively you can actually dream without sleep.

It is a powerful psychedelic, the best source would be from natural and properly grown plants that have DMT substance.

There is a special brew called Ayahuasca that contains DMT as well.

If you ever played Far Cry 3, there is good example of what DMT substance is capable of as a psychedelic.

Edited by Jale

Nesf

I think that the bike is a good idea but I wouldn't recommend smoking because it is highly addictive, besides not being good for you health or your wallet. once you start, that's it. You can't stop. I think that being addicted is like being enslaved. I enjoy a beer or glass of wine with a meal, but I've never done any other drugs. Personally I don't see the point and I've never understood why anyone would want to start smoking. The smell is bad enough without inhaling obnoxious smoke. Yuck!

King_oni

I don't know if I actually crave the sensation of getting high as much. People already think I'm on something really strong most of the time, lol.

As for the craving and addiction. I don't know... I've tried way too many things people can get addicted to but nothing really stuck. I found it quite boring most of the time. But perhaps that is in relation to people thinking I'm on something most of the time. Maybe drugs just make me less weird, much like ritalin makes someone with ADHD more calm.