Anon

Does anyone feel really normal and embarrassed?

Sofi
  for me most time I at odds with the stuff going on around me, if i think to long id never go out... 

I feel exactly the same - and I hardly ever do go out ....

mary

I'm not embarrassed by my diagnosis and I'm not really worried if people know or not.  I'm not defined by the diagnosis and I've managed to carve out a little life for myself... whether it'd be the life that I'd really want, who knows.  I don't know any other life, so I've made the best of it.  I'm hoping that now that I know why I'm 'different' I can start to understand myself better.  I've always known I'm different, I just didn't know why.

I guess for me I have been stubborn and almost fought it, without knowing what 'it' was.  I hate using the phone and very rarely call people, but for work I have to and I have forced myself to deal with it in that environment.  I used to hate ringing people up for work but now I find it's pretty much second nature.  The one thing I have great difficulty in doing is changing the way I work though... I'm often told that I should slow down and stop being a perfectionist, but I can't help it and I'm like it with whatever I do.  I do wonder how much OCD I have to be honest!

Willow
I'm often told that I should slow down and stop being a perfectionist, but I can't help it and I'm like it with whatever I do.  I do wonder how much OCD I have to be honest!

I sometimes wonder if I have other things - like OCD - but to be honest the small amount of traits to others things that I show are usually just overlap between whatever it is and AS anyway. I'm fed up of thinking about myself in terms of what I might or might not have, and just think 'oh well, it's me - get on with it!'.

mary
I sometimes wonder if I have other things - like OCD - but to be honest the small amount of traits to others things that I show are usually just overlap between whatever it is and AS anyway. I'm fed up of thinking about myself in terms of what I might or might not have, and just think 'oh well, it's me - get on with it!'.

I don't like to think of myself in terms of what diagnosis I might or might not have either, but I often joke with people about the OCD... and then I think, well if I have who cares...

I have this habit of sniffing cups / glasses before I will put a drink in them, have done for as long as I can remember.  I also sniff food before I'll eat it, drinks before I drink them... you get the picture!  I also have other OCD traits, but it'd be too boring to go into it all! ;)

Toran
  for me most time I at odds with the stuff going on around me, if i think to long id never go out... 

I can understand what you mean its very difficult im like that a lot of the time myself.

Toran

Just as a point really what is normal who defines normal can we judge ourselves as normal or must we be defined as normal by society? Who decides whats exceptable.