Echo

"Asperclickers" - Our Story - Living with Aspergers

Echo

Hi Guys and Girls,

I was trying to think of a new game that we could all play, instead this concept came to mind. 

The basic idea is to get everyone on this forum to take part (in whichever way they prefer).

NOTE: if you don't want to take part you don't have to  :) 

I've had a chat with Willow and it is possible that If these are any good, we might be able to publish them (please specify if you do not wish for your piece etc... to be published on your post). If we can go ahead with publishing, we can help cover the cost of running this site and also give anything that is left (profit-wise) to  a charity of the majorities' choice. 

Instructions:

Post a paragraph on your life with Aspergers (from an AS or NT perspective). You can post as many times as you want. Please keep it as concise as you can. You can also: “follow on from the last post” or post cartoons/comics/pics if you prefer not to write (these if you would like them to be published, must not be copyrighted materials from other sources)  :)

The writing can be:

·         In any format you like (literal, abstract, bullet points… whichever you’re most comfortable with).

·         As vague/general/funny etc… as you like (to protect your privacy and to allow you to be as creative, honest etc… as possible).

For example (I guess mine is fairly abstract? I'm not sure. Literature is not my strong point) : ) :

Humans are a strange species. Every time I think I have an understanding of this alien breed, it becomes instantly apparent that my attempts to infiltrate their ranks: have been futile. Searing like laser beams straight into my soul, I’m melted down to my purest form. Running away from this imminent disaster has never been an option. Their language incomprehensible, cryptic and mystifying: impairs my telepathic abilities. Left unable to read the signs, isolated in my own dimension, their laughing, judging eyes incarcerates all individuality.         

If you have any questions - please PM me.

Look forward to see what "comes out of this" :) 

InDubioVeritas

I think this sounds like a splendid idea, both in concept and in practical terms.

If I am able to contribute I shall do so, but I suspect that my chronic lack of confidence and poor self-esteem will most likely prove an insurmountable barrier to offering anything that might draw too much attention my way. If I am somehow able to clear that hurdle, and if I manage to convince myself (even temporarily) that I have something worthwhile to say, I would be honoured to have it included in such a noble venture.

In the meantime I look forward to reading what others will no doubt offer.

Lastly, I enjoyed reading your first contribution. You have greater skill in expressing yourself than you give yourself credit for. You write well, and that is coming from a language snob and over-educated arts graduate.

Edited by InDubioVeritas

Echo

I don't have Aspergers. HFA

This still counts if you want to take part :) I guess I should have said: living with Autism or an ASD instead?  

Echo

If I am able to contribute I shall do so, but I suspect that my chronic lack of confidence and poor self-esteem will most likely prove an insurmountable barrier to offering anything that might draw too much attention my way. 

Don't worry too much about quality. This can be a fun way of expressing yourself (as well as being cathartic). ;) In your own time, that's fine x

Lastly, I enjoyed reading your first contribution. You have greater skill in expressing yourself than you give yourself credit for. You write well, and that is coming from a language snob and over-educated arts graduate.

I'm a perfectionist and wasn't going to post anything initially either (also, for the same reasons as mentioned by yourself above). But, I need something to do that will take my "mind off" my college work and general anxieties.

Oh, thanks. English is my second language too :)

Arthur

I have Aspergers and ADD I was wrongly diagnosed with ADHD in 90s.And thus wen't though hell on ritalin. I was a zombie.

I went to regular public schools with special ed sections.

I have very difficult time having friends while in school was labeled "the weird one" was picked on all time.

Have lived in several county's though my life 

I always put my self down when i achive things im just to hard on my self.

French  is my first language

I hold 2 passports France and Canada.

I live in small studio in heart of Paris.

I am independent in all walks of life.

Can be very social with people.

Always helps people on subway or street.

Is kind person 

Enjoys traveling alone.

I hate my country for how it treats people with Autisim

Can talk for hours about my intrests.

Has a fear of dentist.

NT's can get on my nerve for there stupid things and reactions.

can get on people nerve when talking about politics.

Takes very long showers.

Gets annoyed at barber when he keeps talking.

Does not know how to cook  frozen food to rescue.

Echo

I have Aspergers and ADD I was wrongly diagnosed with ADHD in 90s.And thus wen't though hell on ritalin. I was a zombie. I went to regular public schools with special ed sections.

I have very difficult time having friends while in school was labeled "the weird one" was picked on all time.

*Have lived in several county's though my life  *I always put my self down when I achieve things I'm just to hard on my self.  *French  is my first language

I hold 2 passports France and Canada. *I live in small studio in heart of Paris. *I am independent in all walks of life. *Can be very social with people. *Always helps people on subway or street. *Is kind person *Enjoys traveling alone. *I hate my country for how it treats people with Autism * Can talk for hours about my interests. *Has a fear of dentist. *NT's can get on my nerve for there stupid things and reactions. *can get on people nerve when talking about politics. *Takes very long showers. *Gets annoyed at barber when he keeps talking. *Does not know how to cook  frozen food to rescue.

Thanks Arthur, that's a very "open" and honest post. "Straight to the point" :)

Just a quick question:

In you're opinion or from experience:

How do the French Government (and its' people) treat those with an Autistic Spectrum Disorder?    

Arthur fantastique! Merci beaucoup.

Edited by Echo

Echo

@ Arthur 

Just to make this information more "qualitative than quantitative" (and interesting to potential readers):

Why do you enjoy traveling alone?

Why do you fear the dentist?

Why do you take very long showers?

Why do you gets annoyed at barber when he keeps talking? Do you have examples?

Only if you don't mind :)

Thanks

vcq14

This is a fantastic idea...once I get over procrastinating on writing reviews for several books, I promise I will make an attempt at this!