Sign in to follow this  
InsomniaDreams

Ideal music playlists

HalfFull

(the order of songs isn't important to me - I listen to my mixes so much that I put them on shuffle anyways to break up the monotony.)

I have an MP3 Player and I also have mine set to shuffle. I have a wide range of music on there including some very amateur ones like theme tunes (not many of those lol). I just listen to whatever comes up next. If its a Christmas song, so what if its June?

Nesf

Nesf, are you into Icelandic folk by any chance? They were playing a great song in my local Starbucks:

http://youtu.be/oxCIzsrql2U

(I love the Icelandic language, linguist geek that I am  :).)

Wonderful - thanks for that. They were playing Islandic folk music in Starbucks? :o I really can't imagine that - unless you happen to live in Iceland. I don't know any Icelandic, but I've heard that it's a difficult language to master - kudos to Daniel Tammet for learning it in a week. This is the particular song on my list:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X8HeRAcnhVg

vcq14

I blame Daniel Tammet for my obsession with all things Icelandic :-) And oddly enough, this was in Texas of all places!

Nesf

I blame Daniel Tammet for my obsession with all things Icelandic :-) And oddly enough, this was in Texas of all places!

Do you know of any other good Icelandic folk / rock bands in a similar style to this?

vcq14

I have to say it's my first encounter with Icelandic music, sorry!