Willow

Ranting

Nedarb

I'm disappointed at how much gets thrown back in my face.

None of what happened earlier was your fault! Yes, it was insane, but I am pretty sure that people were getting wound up because of their personal issues. It wasn't anything that any member or you or Chris did, as far as I can see. You and Chris have done an outstanding job! :)

Heather

When I first came back to this forum tonight.. I had looked at the drama earlier on and the past days or something that I've seen it increasing in that one forum.. and there are things I wanted to say then and things I wanted to say tonight.  But I won't, can't.. because I love that backspace key too much and didn't know how to say it.  I don't even know if I'll post this.  I think I have to otherwise I will keep thinking of trying to say something.

And okay final answer, I'm not going to say what I was going to say, because it's too wordy and I don't want to say something that might potentially start a thing even if I tried my hardest for it not to!

I'm not good with this rant thread.  I don't want to complain when I know people who have had far worse things and I have nothing to complain about at this moment.  There are things I could if I wanted to because life isn't perfect and things are hard but I won't! 

But that's okay for those of you who have to, it just means you are going through harder times and need the extra support, because ranting can be very therapeutic sometimes!  And it's good we have a separate thread for ranting so that the chit chat thread stayed happier. 

I'm babbling.. but at least it's better than me trying to say something that is somehow related to the sore subject on this forum that I don't want to mention even in the slightest.

I will continue with my usual posting behaviors, where I don't post much except when I see someone else post something interesting that I want to post in or some random posts that have no meaning and don't really have a place.

Sorry you read this useless post.  But I had to post something but I couldn't post what I wanted to because I don't want to post it because I just don't and can't make up my mind on how to post it.  But I just needed to post something.

Sorry!!

Willow

Thank you everyone for the kind comments.

i wish that when people have long winded, cross-thread arguments and insult people and then immediately ask to be 'deleted', 'unlike' my page, 'unfriend' me on facebook, unsubscribe from my newsletter, post shitty comment(s) on my video(s) about my forum/elsewhere, take the stance that i'm milking my disability, and in general continue to fuck my day up long after they're done fucking your day up on the forum. i feel shit for saying it out loud, hence the small. but i really hate it, it really bothers me, and it makes me feel like it was pointless trying to help in the first place. and these are usually people who have either won competitions or awards, i send them prizes, i also spend a lot of time PM'ing them when they do cause an uproar on the forum and usually let it go several times. i wish i didn't go over and above what is expected of me to cheer people up, because before i know it, they're busy throwing things in my face like i'm the worst person they've ever met. it's happened to this extent about 5 or 6 times in the past year, so it's not a lot, but it hurts. i definitely do appreciate the hundreds of people who don't behave like this and are very nice to me, i just don't understand the thought process people go through when they 'turn' on me for no reason and why their comments are always the same, like there's a 'go to' list of things to say to me when you're done being my friend. what kills me is that the people who do it are usually people who know a bit more about me than most, so they know just how long i spend on things and just how little money i get back from it etc etc. which makes it even more confusing that they would try and say i'm just scamming people blah blah blah fake blah blah nasty. please don't hold this against me. i just don't like waking up and seeing comments on my videos about how this forum is unsafe and gangs up on vulnerable people etc. 

Guest Chris

100% Agree with what Willow said.

I don't think I've ever seen quite such a strong change-of-stance from people who are supposedly close friends (like Willow said, it's happened specifically to us several times in the last year). It really pisses me off, I honestly haven't encountered that kind of behavior since leaving school...

When people seem to turn on Willow/us for no reason, it really does add insult to injury when they try and deface what we're doing. Leaving bad reviews on her book, badmouthing the forum, etc is so brutal, not to mention misleading. They're denying whoever they reach the chance at being part of this (in my opinion!) great, friendly community. And negative comments always sound louder than the positives, so that's usually what people will listen to.

Whilst it's "just an internet forum" and "just a website, book and some videos", we're still in a position of some responsibility, meaning we probably don't get to say what we'd like a lot of the time for the sake of keeping things running smoothly - so you'll have to afford us the little rant...

spiderwoman0_2

There's always going to be someone who likes to shit on you Willow, no matter what you do, these types of people only like causing trouble because they have completely fucked their own lives up and now wish it on others.  They are bitter twisted people who feel sorry for themselves and hate the fact that you have come to terms with everything and trying to do good in this world.  They are carrying a massive chip on their shoulders and like to use their diagnosis as an excuse for their behaviour instead of admitting that it's their fault and not the ASD.

InDubioVeritas

i wish that when people have long winded, cross-thread arguments and insult people and then immediately ask to be 'deleted', 'unlike' my page, 'unfriend' me on facebook, unsubscribe from my newsletter, post shitty comment(s) on my video(s) about my forum/elsewhere, take the stance that i'm milking my disability, and in general continue to fuck my day up long after they're done fucking your day up on the forum. i feel shit for saying it out loud, hence the small. but i really hate it, it really bothers me, and it makes me feel like it was pointless trying to help in the first place. and these are usually people who have either won competitions or awards, i send them prizes, i also spend a lot of time PM'ing them when they do cause an uproar on the forum and usually let it go several times. i wish i didn't go over and above what is expected of me to cheer people up, because before i know it, they're busy throwing things in my face like i'm the worst person they've ever met. it's happened to this extent about 5 or 6 times in the past year, so it's not a lot, but it hurts. i definitely do appreciate the hundreds of people who don't behave like this and are very nice to me, i just don't understand the thought process people go through when they 'turn' on me for no reason and why their comments are always the same, like there's a 'go to' list of things to say to me when you're done being my friend. what kills me is that the people who do it are usually people who know a bit more about me than most, so they know just how long i spend on things and just how little money i get back from it etc etc. which makes it even more confusing that they would try and say i'm just scamming people blah blah blah fake blah blah nasty. please don't hold this against me. i just don't like waking up and seeing comments on my videos about how this forum is unsafe and gangs up on vulnerable people etc. 

I don't think I've ever seen quite such a strong change-of-stance from people who are supposedly close friends (like Willow said, it's happened specifically to us several times in the last year). It really pisses me off, I honestly haven't encountered that kind of behavior since leaving school...

When people seem to turn on Willow/us for no reason, it really does add insult to injury when they try and deface what we're doing. Leaving bad reviews on her book, badmouthing the forum, etc is so brutal, not to mention misleading. They're denying whoever they reach the chance at being part of this (in my opinion!) great, friendly community. And negative comments always sound louder than the positives, so that's usually what people will listen to.

Whilst it's "just an internet forum" and "just a website, book and some videos", we're still in a position of some responsibility, meaning we probably don't get to say what we'd like a lot of the time for the sake of keeping things running smoothly - so you'll have to afford us the little rant...

For what it may be worth, you both have my full support, as well as no small measure of admiration for the selfless and devoted work you do for no discernible reward.

DominikaCupcake

I am pissed off. Few days ago i thought i've lost my credit card so i've ordered a new one, but then i found the old one. The new credit card came yesterday. They inform you to destroy the old credit card when you get the new one. I did it and soon discovered that the new one isn't working. It's not registered in my bank. I talked to my banked and they told me that they thought that the new one was the old one so they blocked it. The old was the one they thought was new and it was the only one that was working. Now it's destroyed and i am without any credit card. God damn, how can people working in the bank can be so stupid and incompetent? Now i'm left with no money for a moment thanks to them. 

InDubioVeritas

I am pissed off. Few days ago i thought i've lost my credit card so i've ordered a new one, but then i found the old one. The new credit card came yesterday. They inform you to destroy the old credit card when you get the new one. I did it and soon discovered that the new one isn't working. It's not registered in my bank. I talked to my banked and they told me that they thought that the new one was the old one so they blocked it. The old was the one they thought was new and it was the only one that was working. Now it's destroyed and i am without any credit card. God damn, how can people working in the bank can be so stupid and incompetent? Now i'm left with no money for a moment thanks to them. 

How annoying :(

Assuming the block is irreversible and/or you need some cash urgently, most banks do now have the facility to give you special access to emergency cash via an ATM in such cases. Since the mistake is clearly theirs (indeed the incompetence as you rightly say) they have an obligation to assist you.

Bruce

Think of all the members (like me, maybe?) who really like this forum, though - for some of our members, this really might be the only place they can share their experiences & meet other Aspies, for whom this is a sanctuary.

Guest Chris

Think of all the members (like me, maybe?) who really like this forum, though - for some of our members, this really might be the only place they can share their experiences & meet other Aspies, for whom this is a sanctuary.

Of course. :) That's why we do it.