Jump to content
Willow

Ranting

Recommended Posts

Miss Chief

Well I didn't see the original post so I can't comment, but if someone wrote:

4 hours ago, Myrtonos said:

Agreeable means things like friendly, accommodating and compassionate

and then said I was disagreeable I would quite reasonably assume they meant that I was the opposite of those things and I think I would take offense at that.

If it's any help here is a breakdown of the Agreeable-Disagreeable personality trait when it comes to the big 5:

Quote

A person with a high level of agreeableness in a personality test is usually warm, friendly, and tactful. They generally have an optimistic view of human nature and get along well with others. A person who scores low on agreeableness may put their own interests above those of others. They tend to be distant, unfriendly, and uncooperative.

I would say that I can be on both sides of this spectrum, I wouldn't be surprised if some described me as disagreeable and others as agreeable, it depends on the relationship and the situation, I can be distant and combative but I can also be friendly and tactful, it just depends, I think by and large, I am fair, I give what I get, I tend to stand up for the under dog and stand up to bullies, I care about people who need it and am harsher to those who deserve it.

I also think that Nesf definitely falls on the agreeable side of that spectrum.

56 minutes ago, Myrtonos said:

Someone might run a private club, and keep things tight enough that only certain people can join. You might be one of those people, and like them, but they still pride themself in control.

Shall I assume you are talking about a club run by Nesf on these forums, and you aren't a member? If so you can hardly blame her for not wanting you to be in it, you have upset her in the past and you do tend to get into disagreements on occasion, while that may be that people don't get you or don't answer as specifically as you want them to, it still causes issues and perhaps she just doesn't want to deal with the fall out of that. I seem to recall a disagreement in one of her clubs (between me and you). Ultimately it is her club and she can run it however she pleases, if you don't like it start you own club.

Agreeableness has nothing to do with controlling behaviour but neither does running a private club or even a forum (or vlog for that matter).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Myrtonos
1 hour ago, Miss Chief said:

Shall I assume you are talking about a club run by Nesf on these forums, and you aren't a member? If so you can hardly blame her for not wanting you to be in it, you have upset her in the past and you do tend to get into disagreements on occasion, while that may be that people don't get you or don't answer as specifically as you want them to, it still causes issues and perhaps she just doesn't want to deal with the fall out of that. I seem to recall a disagreement in one of her clubs (between me and you). Ultimately it is her club and she can run it however she pleases, if you don't like it start you own club.

No, just any private club where only certain people can join, especially offline. And I am a member of one of her clubs, but have not chosen to join the other. Another example is someone who runs their own business and keeps things as tight there as Steve Jobs did at Apple.

1 hour ago, Miss Chief said:

Agreeableness has nothing to do with controlling behaviour but neither does running a private club or even a forum (or vlog for that matter).

I didn't say that running a private club or forum has to do with controlling behaviour. But if the rules on a given forum are very restrictive, that forum would be run by someone who prides themself in control, which comes under being disagreeable.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Miss Chief
1 hour ago, Myrtonos said:

No, just any private club where only certain people can join, especially offline. 

All clubs are by their very nature restrictive, they exist for a specific purpose, if you aren't into that purpose then you wouldn't be welcome but also you wouldn't want to join? For example, a running club is for runners a photography club is for photographers, if you aren't a runner/photographer why would you want to join and why would you expect to be welcome?

1 hour ago, Myrtonos said:

Another example is someone who runs their own business and keeps things as tight there as Steve Jobs did at Apple.

Ultimately how you run a private business is up to you, if it works you will make money and if it doesn't you will go bankrupt, in Apple's case it was a public company so he had to convince the board that he was on the right course, they clearly believed him and ultimately he did make a lot of money, for all that I am not an Apple fan there is no denying he knew his business and customer base.

1 hour ago, Myrtonos said:

But if the rules on a given forum are very restrictive, that forum would be run by someone who prides themself in control

Not necessarily, it might be that you have a community that is liable to get into arguments, for example if you have an autism forum or a politics forum then having a strong set of rules and good moderation can stop things getting nasty, it really depends on who your users are and what topics are discussed.

1 hour ago, Myrtonos said:

someone who prides themself in control, which comes under being disagreeable.

No it doesn't, agreeableness/disagreeableness has nothing to do with with being controlling, controlling would be closer linked to openness (or rather closed-ness), although it doesn't really come into any of those personality traits, it would be fairer to say that a particular combination of traits is more likely to lead to controlling tendencies.

Edited by Miss Chief
spelling

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Myrtonos
10 hours ago, Miss Chief said:

All clubs are by their very nature restrictive, they exist for a specific purpose, if you aren't into that purpose then you wouldn't be welcome but also you wouldn't want to join? For example, a running club is for runners a photography club is for photographers, if you aren't a runner/photographer why would you want to join and why would you expect to be welcome?

But a private club may be more restrictive than that. A cycling club might not be just for any cyclists, people who pride themselves in control are likely to be more selective than that. Just because you are a photographer doesn't mean you get to join.

10 hours ago, Miss Chief said:

Ultimately how you run a private business is up to you, if it works you will make money and if it doesn't you will go bankrupt, in Apple's case it was a public company so he had to convince the board that he was on the right course, they clearly believed him and ultimately he did make a lot of money, for all that I am not an Apple fan there is no denying he knew his business and customer base.

People as well thinking, assertive and contrarian as him may get more raises that just about anyone more kind and compassionate than him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
StarlessEclipse

At this point, I'm actually convinced YouTube are intentionally trying to make the platform as unpleasant to use as possible. The absurdly irrelevant videos being recommended to someone whose subscription feed and liked videos list cover as narrow a range of topics as mine defy any other rational explanation. When you become such an unbeatable monopoly, perhaps there comes a point where it no longer pays to offer an enjoyable user experience. If time is money, the more time users spend attempting to fix an endless onslaught of totally ridiculous problems, the better. Who cares if they're dissatisfied? It's not like they have anywhere else to go.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Myrtonos

There was another video sharing platform called Vidme, which I joined, but it closed on my birthday last year.☹️

Edited by Myrtonos

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Peridot

Bitchute is getting pretty big as well, it seems.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Miss Chief

Yep, South Yorkshire Police apparently are so bored they are requesting people report non-crimes to them now... like offensive tweets.

Their email address is: enquiries@southyorks.pnn.police.uk

Just in case anyone feels like reporting offensive stuff to them... like every tweet Trump sends, I find his lack of grammar offensive without even going into what he has to say.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
StarlessEclipse

"Calling Prophet Muhammad a pedophile does not fall within freedom of speech: European court"

Quote

The Strasbourg-based ECHR ruled that Austrian courts carefully balanced the applicant's "right to freedom of expression with the right of others to have their religious feelings protected"

 

Quote

...during which she likened [56-year-old] Muhammad's marriage to a six-year-old girl, Aisha, to pedophilia.

 

Quote

An Austrian court later convicted the woman of disparaging religion...

When what laughably passes for liberalism is this sick, twisted, authoritarian and impervious to reason, I can hardly blame people for being so terrified that turning to violent far-right movements feels like their only option.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.