Willow

Ranting

RiRi

@Peridot You don't need to know someone's gender/sex to know their personality and what they're like. I used to think a member on this forum was female and when I found out they were male, my perception of them did not change. I still thought they were insightful, knowledgeable, and a nice person based on their posts.

RiRi

@StarlessEclipse I hope you are all right. I have had thoughts before like yours as I've suffered from suicidal depression. I am grateful for the help I have received from @Miss Chief regarding depression and life advice. If you ever feel like ending your life, make sure you talk to someone, anyone who'd you think would care.

Edited by RiRi

Peridot
2 hours ago, RiRi said:

@Peridot You don't need to know someone's gender/sex to know their personality and what they're like. I used to think a member on this forum was female and when I found out they were male, my perception of them did not change. I still thought they were insightful, knowledgeable, and a nice person based on their posts.

In and of itself I agree with that but referring to someone as a woman when you yourself claim to not even know for sure if they are one or not is rude and in this case also odd to me seeing as Starless and MC have been on here for years. There isn't anyone here whom I've spoken to often of whom I don't know whether they are male or female. Take MC for instance. It says it right there in her name that it's miss and not mister.

Edited by Peridot

Ben
10 hours ago, StarlessEclipse said:

Thank you all for your concern, I'm okay now, just tired emotionally. Just when it seems there might finally be cause for optimism, I'm faced with yet another massive setback, in this case made all the more infuriating by how unjust it is.

A mental health organisation I was led to believe would support me, both with my recovery and career prospects has instead slammed the door in my face in what appears to be a policy of explicit (and almost certainly illegal) discrimination against autistic people, a policy that is currently unadvertised and unexplained. I've submitted a strongly worded enquiry and will give them a reasonable chance to explain themselves, but will be seeking advice on the legality of their actions re: the Equality Act 2010 if the response is unsatisfactory.

Oh, and yes, I am male. I'm not bothered personally, but can understand why some might be. I used to be Kuribo, but I've changed accounts and usernames so many times that I wouldn't blame anyone for not realising that. ☺️

I say it about everybody (you're infinite, etc) but you truly DO have unlimited potential. 

The key for you is to secure internal peace  before doing anything, and realise that the sheer brilliance I (all of us) see in you  is actually true. So yeah, perfect the foundation before building the house. Because the house can be knocked down and rebuilt thousands of times with a strong foundation. Just be sure to ignore the ultimate bully (your current mindset.)

RiRi

@StarlessEclipse I think I remember reading your most thread and wanted to say something but I've been busy. I now see it's been deleted. I want to let you know that there was nothing to apologize for. I hope you're doing okay.