Willow

Ranting

RiRi

@Peridot You don't need to know someone's gender/sex to know their personality and what they're like. I used to think a member on this forum was female and when I found out they were male, my perception of them did not change. I still thought they were insightful, knowledgeable, and a nice person based on their posts.

RiRi

@StarlessEclipse I hope you are all right. I have had thoughts before like yours as I've suffered from suicidal depression. I am grateful for the help I have received from @Miss Chief regarding depression and life advice. If you ever feel like ending your life, make sure you talk to someone, anyone who'd you think would care.

Edited by RiRi

Peridot
2 hours ago, RiRi said:

@Peridot You don't need to know someone's gender/sex to know their personality and what they're like. I used to think a member on this forum was female and when I found out they were male, my perception of them did not change. I still thought they were insightful, knowledgeable, and a nice person based on their posts.

In and of itself I agree with that but referring to someone as a woman when you yourself claim to not even know for sure if they are one or not is rude and in this case also odd to me seeing as Starless and MC have been on here for years. There isn't anyone here whom I've spoken to often of whom I don't know whether they are male or female. Take MC for instance. It says it right there in her name that it's miss and not mister.

Edited by Peridot

Ben
10 hours ago, StarlessEclipse said:

Thank you all for your concern, I'm okay now, just tired emotionally. Just when it seems there might finally be cause for optimism, I'm faced with yet another massive setback, in this case made all the more infuriating by how unjust it is.

A mental health organisation I was led to believe would support me, both with my recovery and career prospects has instead slammed the door in my face in what appears to be a policy of explicit (and almost certainly illegal) discrimination against autistic people, a policy that is currently unadvertised and unexplained. I've submitted a strongly worded enquiry and will give them a reasonable chance to explain themselves, but will be seeking advice on the legality of their actions re: the Equality Act 2010 if the response is unsatisfactory.

Oh, and yes, I am male. I'm not bothered personally, but can understand why some might be. I used to be Kuribo, but I've changed accounts and usernames so many times that I wouldn't blame anyone for not realising that. ☺️

I say it about everybody (you're infinite, etc) but you truly DO have unlimited potential. 

The key for you is to secure internal peace  before doing anything, and realise that the sheer brilliance I (all of us) see in you  is actually true. So yeah, perfect the foundation before building the house. Because the house can be knocked down and rebuilt thousands of times with a strong foundation. Just be sure to ignore the ultimate bully (your current mindset.)

RiRi

@StarlessEclipse I think I remember reading your most thread and wanted to say something but I've been busy. I now see it's been deleted. I want to let you know that there was nothing to apologize for. I hope you're doing okay. 

Ace

Alright so I guess this is where you rant? I have to blow some steam off. Be warned this will be very long so don't read if you don't want but I got to get it out.

Basically yesterday (I guess 2 days ago now that it's 1:30 am) it was my birthday. I turned 23. I don't really expect much from anyone on my birthday other than don't put me in a negative mood, which I'd say should always be the case. 

Alright, need some more back story. So I live in a condo that my family owns while I'm going to college. I have been here for just over 2 years and the rest of my family has moved out of my childhood home, so I consider this condo my home. And just to clarify, I mean home, not just a house if you know what I mean. I've always had 2 other roommates? Condomates? Not exactly sure, we each have our own room. But the garage only has room for 2 cars. And parking really sucks outside the garage (limited parking in a college town and they tow/ticket if you aren't in a spot, even if you parallel park in the tiny driveway in front of the garage). So first year I have 2 good roommates I eventually make good friends with. One has a short Scion box car thing that can fit on the side of the garage with shelving. The 2nd roommate has a Honda Ridgeline truck and really wants to pay extra for the second spot so I let him. I end up constantly looking for parking usually resorting to parking a few blocks away in a gas station parking lot. Of coarse I get towed once ($215 gone) and ticketed once ($35 gone) so after that school year I decided there is no way I'm not taking a spot in the garage from now on. 

Second school year comes around and 1st roommate is the same (with short car that can fit in second side of garage) and second roommate is new but has no car anyway so we are all good. I should mention I have a long Toyota tundra that ONLY fits on side without shelves. So that year passes no problem.

Then I stayed here almost all summer for a class and the original 2nd roommate decides he likes our condo much better than the shitty place he moved to the second year. He also is here all summer because of a job. So we both have trucks but his is shorter than mine. He can fit his very tightly on the shelf side but decides not to since summer parking is easy (the cities population is cut in half without the college) and while he was at the other place he bought a motorcycle that was really cheap but needed a fair amount of work to fix it. He brings that with him of course and because he can't fix it he gives it to me (because I'm going to school to be an automotive engineer) which is cool but I essentially have to put the bike on the shelf side of the garage. Over the summer I start working on it and currently it's in parts on that side. By this point I've made it abundantly clear that the right side is my spot because it's the side I fit on and I'm not parking on the street ever again. Now at the end of summer I go to see my family for a couple weeks, and the 1st roommate comes back while I'm gone. I let her take my spot while I'm gone. When I get back to start the semester she is in my spot, which is understandable, but for some reason has stated she is out of town for a family emergency for an ENTIRE WEEK! I'm totally fine with it being family emergency but what could possibly take an entire week?! She also missed the first week of school so not sure how that worked out. Anyway I'm cool with it but mention to the 2nd roommate I'll be glad to have my spot back whenever that happens.

Finally she returns for part of a day and moves her car. I never see her because I'm in class but when I get home, I just park on the street because I didn't know she came by. I get inside and the second roommate says "oh she came by sometime today and moved her car" so I'm like "sweet, I'll go move my truck in". Then he tells me "oh I put mine in there" ?? Like (pardon my language) WTF? He knew that's my spot, why did he park there? Anyways I let it slide since I found a decent spot on the street a block away. 

Now we are back to my birthday the next day. I go to class and at some point in the day I text the 2nd roommate something like "hey when are you going to be home? Could you move your truck so I can park in my spot?" At this point I'm not upset, my day is going fine I guess (kinda uneventful birthday but fine with me) and he responds with "can we try to clear the other side of the garage so we can park there?" And I say "yes but not today." I leave it at that for a while waiting for a response (because he kinda avoided my question) then eventually say "so when can you move it?" Again, still not to upset but about to be if he pushes my buttons. He says "While you deserve the right side spot bc your truck fits there, [we] share a portion of the garage as well and would like a spot for us to share. Can we make that happen for the right side of the garage?" I litteraly blew up really fucking mad now, and I knew I shouldn't text people when I'm mad because I'll just make it worse, so I don't say anything. I was tempted to say the exact same thing again "YES BUT NOT TODAY" but didn't. 

I get home and thankfully catch him while in the garage. At this point I've cooled off but still a little ticked off. He sees me, starts walking up to me so I role down the window (his truck still in the garage)  and says "do you want me to move my truck?" ... (In my head) fuck yea I do! I say something like "Yes. . . Please" with a notable pause so hopefully he gets the point I'm a little pissed off. So he moves it and then all is well for the rest of the day. I kinda ignore him rest of the day. 

Next day is a long day for me, I start classes at 8am and get out from my SAE club meeting at 9pm. But would you guess what happens when I get home? I open the garage, and to my surprise (although I was expecting something like this for some reason) his girlfriend's car IS IN MY DAMN SPOT! And while I don't blame her at all, who opened the garage for her, and told her to park there? Obviously he did! Holy fuck I was mad, but I drove around a bit, found a spot on the street and quietly went upstairs passing in front of them watching TV. I don't know how much the girlfriend knew about this situation so I made a point not to bring it up in front of her. 

Then I had to do some homework until almost midnight. I then had to relax some more so I listened to some music and watched some YouTube for a bit. It worked great until I took off my headphones and headed to bed. I have my window open all night because we have no AC and I sweat all night if I don't. So it's about 1:30 am at this point, Thursday night, and outside my window is a guy and his girlfriend I assume on their balcony talking, which annoyed me somewhat, but then he starts singing "a dick in a box" to her which really annoyed me. Her snorting laugh didn't help either. This only reminded me of how damn mad I was and then I decided to write this post to blow off some steam while I wait for them to go away. And now I'm done writing it at 3am, it's quiet now and my rage is mostly gone but I'm still going to have to talk to the moron roommate sometime. Oh I just realized, he leaves tomorrow for a few days for some field work for a research project he is a part of. He's a forestry major, and I'm an engineer so I imagine we might conflict sometimes.