Willow

Ranting

Saveyourscissors

To clarify the purpose of this thread, it's to rant. Not to argue with people.

I'm not arguing I am questioning. I would like to know why I have come online to see my name mentioned here there and everywhere when I've done nothing.. :/

Ben

As long as it's cathartic and constructive, you should be all good. 

Saveyourscissors

Ben I liked that but have no idea what 'cathartic' means I'll be honest! Haha

Kuribo [old account]

Kuribo can you please explain to me why the hell you have a problem with me wanting to meet people around my age? Do I not have free will? Am I not allowed to want friends similar to myself? I also chose that age as we wouldn't have any restrictions on what we could do/where we could go and so on. Why the hell are you getting funny about it when the post was made ages ago? You didn't get funny then. I have NO problem with anyone because of an age I just wouldn't feel comfortable meeting the whole of Asperclick at once and thought perhaps that would be a good little group for me personally to start with people I would in a ideal world have more in common with. If you have a problem message me instead of posting shit about nothing on here. Maybe I liked the idea of going for a few drinks but with under 18's that wouldn't be possible.. It could be as simple as that! I also will say that I am slightly annoyed by this because it honestly seems ridiculous!! Honestly you were on the list of people I would like to meet of here one day, but stuff like this could quite easily make me change my mind, because in my opinion it's pathetic, I am entitled to meet who I want when I want as well as make friends with who I want when I want thanks! I like you Kuribo but honestly this is just silly. Me wanting to meet people of a similar age to me doesn't mean I'm discriminating anyone or dislike anyone :/

I have not mentioned your name once, here or elsewhere. I have argued against the concept of age being a barrier to things such as friendship, as I do not appreciate being pre-emptively excluded from things for this reason by any individual, group, or organisation. I expressed disagreement over Ben's assessment of Toran's post when I read it, because when I read a post that interests me, I have an (apparently unfortunate) tendency to express an opinion on it.

I did not look at the author of the thread before posting because standing against a concept does not necessarily mean standing totally against those who make use of it, which leaves me confused as to why you appear to regard this as a personal attack or even as anything directed towards you specifically.

I refrained from saying anything before because I knew people would react like this. As soon as an objection to the concept of age being used as a barrier to communication and/or friendship is made, people refuse to take it seriously and become defensive and angry about the objection, even though there is no justification for this.

To reinforce one particular point, if anyone else here were to say anything which excluded me and other young people based on age alone, I wouldn't feel any different to how I feel now.

Meet whoever you want, befriend whoever you want; I lack both the means and the desire to stop you. The restriction of such basic personal liberties is an affront to my moral code, so please do not imply that I would attempt to do anything like this. Just don't expect me to approve of ANY arbitrary age limit set by ANYONE, because as I would hope I've made explicitly clear since my arrival, this is also a direct affront to my moral code.

Alex

Ok, this is how I really feel underneath it all. Everyday I have the feeling that I'm barely coping. People think I'm coping but I'm not. I'm useless and have done nothing with my life, and have no prospects for the future. I'm just hanging around, waiting to die; there's nothing left to hope for. I hate myself and my life, and I wish I had been born a different person. I wish I didn't have to be me. I hate myself for failing at my last job and at my attempt to become independent and start a new life. I'll never forgive myself for this. I have no one to talk to about my problems, I'm alone. Nobody wants to hear about my problems.

Nesf, I just wanted to reply to this and say that you are always welcome to talk about your problems to me, I don't mind. I know I probably don't have the same amount of life experience, and/or wisdom like yourself, but I like to think I can be a good listener in times of need.

You know how to reach me, should you feel the need/desire to do so.

Kuribo [old account]

I have not mentioned your name once, here or elsewhere. I have argued against the concept of age being a barrier to things such as friendship, as I do not appreciate being pre-emptively excluded from things for this reason by any individual, group, or organisation. I expressed disagreement over Ben's assessment of Toran's post when I read it, because when I read a post that interests me, I have an (apparently unfortunate) tendency to express an opinion on it.

I did not look at the author of the thread before posting because standing against a concept does not necessarily mean standing totally against those who make use of it, which leaves me confused as to why you appear to regard this as a personal attack or even as anything directed towards you specifically.

I refrained from saying anything before because I knew people would react like this. As soon as an objection to the concept of age being used as a barrier to communication and/or friendship is made, people refuse to take it seriously and become defensive and angry about the objection, even though there is no justification for this.

To reinforce one particular point, if anyone else here were to say anything which excluded me and other young people based on age alone, I wouldn't feel any different to how I feel now.

Meet whoever you want, befriend whoever you want; I lack both the means and the desire to stop you. The restriction of such basic personal liberties is an affront to my moral code, so please do not imply that I would attempt to do anything like this. Just don't expect me to approve of ANY arbitrary age limit set by ANYONE, because as I would hope I've made explicitly clear since my arrival, this is also a direct affront to my moral code.

Chloë, my intention was not to upset you. I'm sorry if you're feeling bad about it. If you would like to let it go, that's fine by me.

Toran

I feel the same sometimes. My life is a lot harder than I perceive, I constantly struggle with motivation and depression, sometimes I wonder what the point of trying us sometimes

The point is to define yourself as a person use the attributes you have. If you judge that by money then you dont value your self worth as a person a human being who cares and has values. These so called MPs who fiddle their expenses and have been to prison have more than us and more than we ever will have. So this makes them better more succesful a better person in society than you. If you believe that then where are any values anywhere.

Toran

I'm not arguing I am questioning. I would like to know why I have come online to see my name mentioned here there and everywhere when I've done nothing.. :/

Questioning and arguing is a perception fixed in an individuals mind, when two people meet who have different perceptions over this quickly invoke the agree to disagree moto.

Toran

I felt I needed to.

Ok i understand i didnt want you feeling you had to because of me.

Saveyourscissors

Chloë, my intention was not to upset you. I'm sorry if you're feeling bad about it. If you would like to let it go, that's fine by me.

I am happy to leave it here I said what I felt I should say and explain on the thread why I chose that age it was purely to be unrestricted and cap the size of the group so I could ease myself into meeting people from Asperclick. I realise now it wasn't actually you who started it so I apologise if I blame you but I only read the stuff in this thread at the time of my post! Let's move on :)