Toran

Clothes And Fashion

Andy

That's a point, I won't wear a tie again, I had six years of that and it used to unnerve me something horrible until I got hold of a police clip on tie and that sorted that issue out as I had to wear a tie, it was uniform and military uniform at that so no way could I get out of it.

But I have not worn a tie since 1995 and don't plan to ever again but if it should happen I have to, then I will be seeking the clip on ties.

But inside wear, varies between an Egyptian galabeya, African kaftan, thai pants and Nepalese Kurta and a Malaysian sarong, yeah, I like ethnic clothing.

Willow
That's a point, I won't wear a tie again, I had six years of that and it used to unnerve me something horrible until I got hold of a police clip on tie and that sorted that issue out as I had to wear a tie, it was uniform and military uniform at that so no way could I get out of it.

But I have not worn a tie since 1995 and don't plan to ever again but if it should happen I have to, then I will be seeking the clip on ties.

I had to wear a tie for one of my school uniforms but I didn't mind it too much. I just made it quite loose and with it being a school, not a job, they didn't bother.

mary
I find using scissors to remove tags makes a little stub of material which is even more annoying than if I'd just left it.

I can't wear a jumper over a long sleeved top, it creases up and it irritates me so much - the same goes for tights underneath trousers.

But, I do love pajamas :D I don't have too many pairs though but I love wearing them if I'm not going out of the house.

I tend to try and unpick labels if they are particularly annoying, but usually get away with just cutting them out, really close to the stitching.

I can't wear long sleeves for the most part.  I think I have three fleeces and I can only cope with those if it's really cold and because they have slightly baggy arms.  I can't wear anything tight on my arms.

I also love pj's and have loads of pj bottoms.  I change into those and a tshirt when I get home from being anywhere as it's far more comfortable.  I'd never dream of sitting around the house in jeans or work trousers, so pj bottoms it is.

mary

I think having to wear a tie would send me absolutely demented.  So glad I went to school in Australia and we didn't have to wear them!

Andy
I tend to try and unpick labels if they are particularly annoying, but usually get away with just cutting them out, really close to the stitching.

I can't wear long sleeves for the most part.  I think I have three fleeces and I can only cope with those if it's really cold and because they have slightly baggy arms.  I can't wear anything tight on my arms.

I also love pj's and have loads of pj bottoms.  I change into those and a tshirt when I get home from being anywhere as it's far more comfortable.  I'd never dream of sitting around the house in jeans or work trousers, so pj bottoms it is.

There is a lovely little cheap tool available from sewing shops called a seam ripper it does exactly that, it slices through stitching with ease, like a knife through butter and it makes short work of labels and far safer than a knife or even scissors.

mary
There is a lovely little cheap tool available from sewing shops called a seam ripper it does exactly that, it slices through stitching with ease, like a knife through butter and it makes short work of labels and far safer than a knife or even scissors.

Ah yes, we have one of those in the house ;)  Where's the fun in not trying to do this with scissors first though!?!?  No, I jest, I often forget we have it and just cut as close to the seam as possible.  Given that I'm not always buying clothes and everything, for summer / winter, fits in one wardrobe and two drawers, it's not a job I have to do often.

Toran

Theres one thing I hate and thats ties I cant stand the feel of them around my neck or shirt collars which is a problem as work brought in a dress code. I wear a comfortable top and take a shirt and tie just in case ive got to meet up with manager or anything. A bit extreme maybe but it drives me mad to have to wear them all day long. Otherwise I wear jeans casual tops and boots dislike shoes so im waiting for something to be said at work about that.

iggy

Anything that doesn't feel like pins or pipe cleaner ends are sticking out of it when I wear it. As a general rule jeans and a button up shirt or plain long sleeves under a tshirt. I prefer to have a covering over my whole body except ands and head, so material on seats and searbelts won't irritate my arms too much. When/if it warms up I do wear shorter sleeved clothes.

Sofi

My school uniform didn't have a tie luckily, I think I would hate it. My school uniform was those smart school trousers (or skirt) but I didn't wear them because they were too uncomfortable on the waistband so they let me wear black or navy jogging bottoms. Being a special school, they didn't care and some kids basically didn't wear any uniform clothes. Name tags on clothes irritated me badly at first then my mum just wrote my name on - nowadays you get iron-on name tags which would have been more comfortable.

I would have a problem if I had a job that required a smart uniform.....Theres another reason I couldn't have a job. 

Toran

Its great in the summer going out with shorts and t shirt on I fit in nice walking down the road with others I dont feel like that very often.