Toran

Clothes And Fashion

Sofi
But inside wear, varies between an Egyptian galabeya, African kaftan, thai pants and Nepalese Kurta and a Malaysian sarong, yeah, I like ethnic clothing.

Why? Do you just like those clothes or is it something you have to wear? 

Andy
Why? Do you just like those clothes or is it something you have to wear? 

They are freedom clothes in that one is more free in them as opposed to not wearing any clothes which might upset the neighbours, it is also basically trying out other culture's clothing tastes as ours are kind of boring. But I am after a Utilikilt as I like to be different and daring sometimes. But my dancing the galabeya will be public dance clothes as I do Egyptian style.

Sofi

Ok Interesting. Do you have a kilt? I am from Scotland, people wear kilts to weddings here. I don't know if people do that elsewhere

mary
Ok Interesting. Do you have a kilt? I am from Scotland, people wear kilts to weddings here. I don't know if people do that elsewhere

People do that around here too... and on Saturday I saw a couple of biker-types wandering around town in them.

Mehrabahn
When I dress up to go out in my favourite clothing, it actually makes makes me feel good about myself and confident. Yeah I get looked at, but isn't that the whole purpose of dressing up, but what I wear is not modern day fashion, in fact the more fashionable something is the more I will keep away from it because of one thing, if one wants to be fashionable one has to constantly have their hand in their pocket and that's not me, and I can't have large quantities of clothing either, so what I have is stuff I wear mostly not rarely.

The materials I like are tactile fabrics as near natural as possible where the only synthetic I will allow is velvet type material otherwise it is silks, leather, wool, lace and pure cotton/linen, yes it's hard work to keep those fabrics in good order, especially the sodding silks but one's best clothes one looks after as they were not cheap and they have lasted a long time like a minimum of ten years so far.

My fashion, when I dress up to go out that is, what my style says about me is individual, I don't follow the herd, it also I am told is sort of fantasy/harry potter/battle re-enactor/ rock musician/ gothic, but I like older styles and I am quite interested in the steam punk fashion where I will cross gender boundaries, I always have, but my style has always been renn goth. Colours; dark red, black, green, purple and I don the metalwork when in that mode, as I have gone out wearing chain mail before, but metalwork normally in the silver rings and bangles I have made or if I am wearing my hair tied up, I did have a silver serpentine bobble shield I made but drunk one night, I gave it away and so must make another.

But when not dressing up I wear Asian clothes in the  summer, things called kurtas which are both cool and warm at the same time, they stop sly drafts and they are baggy enough to stay cool when it's warm, but also smocks and tunics belted at the waist. Winter, it's all black; long woollen pea coat, black jeans, para boots or new rocks, a norwegian pullover, black leather digger hat and fingerless gloves. Winter or summer I always wear calf length or knee length boots, never trainers, shoes or sandals.

Nylon or other synthetic materials make me itch and if it is uniform that is someone else is paying for it, I look at it this way, they are buying my skills and labour, they are not paying me to advertise for them so I won't look after works uniform and with me it degrades fast as I am rather messy when I am working in that anything oily or greasy I usually get covered in it.

Also perhaps common to many here, clothing labels get unstitched at the first opportunity as I hate the itchy, tickly feel of those things, they irritate something evil.

Oh and I will not wear anything 'named'.

But I like clothing and I do believe clothing doth maketh the person

I dress my boys in shalwar kameezes in the summer because they're comfy and look great.

Aspergirl

I'm kind of a jeans, T-shirts, hoodies and skate shoes kinda girl. I like dressing up for special occasions but wouldn't like to do it too often. I also get very uncomfortable after a while and need to change. I don't like labels, never have, especially the ones in T-shirts tend to cause me most trouble.

I also like those soft-ish chino type trousers that were in a fashion not long ago. Not because they are fashionable but because they are soft!

I tend to stick to the same shops and buy a size bigger than I need as I like things to be loose and not restricting - Next is a fav of mine!

I live around the house in baggy, soft trousers and jumpers or PJ's, slippers and I like to cover up with a heavy blanket in the evenings :)

I get what you mean about being cold Sofi, I can't stand being too cold, often wear lots of layers to keep warm and our heating bill is high!

Sofi
I'm kind of a jeans, T-shirts, hoodies and skate shoes kinda girl. I like dressing up for special occasions but wouldn't like to do it too often. I also get very uncomfortable after a while and need to change. I don't like labels, never have, especially the ones in T-shirts tend to cause me most trouble.

I also like those soft-ish chino type trousers that were in a fashion not long ago. Not because they are fashionable but because they are soft!

I tend to stick to the same shops and buy a size bigger than I need as I like things to be loose and not restricting - Next is a fav of mine!

I live around the house in baggy, soft trousers and jumpers or PJ's, slippers and I like to cover up with a heavy blanket in the evenings :)

I get what you mean about being cold Sofi, I can't stand being too cold, often wear lots of layers to keep warm and our heating bill is high!

Hi. Yes I often feel so cold, I use lots of blankets too and I have an electric underblanket on my bed which helps. I don't know why I am always so cold! I live in pyjamas in my house too

Aspergirl
Hi. Yes I often feel so cold, I use lots of blankets too and I have an electric underblanket on my bed which helps. I don't know why I am always so cold! I live in pyjamas in my house too

Oooh an electric blanket sounds lovely! :)

Nesf

I wear clothes which are practical, comfortable and warm, and labels irritate me too because I can feel them and they make me itch. I also hate blouses or jumpers with elastic around the waist. Clothing is itchy in general. I hate skirts and high heels. Smart shoes for women are extremely uncomfortable, I prefer trainers. I wear jeans or jogging bottoms with a T-shirt and fleece.

I also feel the cold a lot and people think I have a "faulty thermostat".

Sofi
I wear clothes which are practical, comfortable and warm, and labels irritate me too because I can feel them and they make me itch. I also hate blouses or jumpers with elastic around the waist. Clothing is itchy in general. I hate skirts and high heels. Smart shoes for women are extremely uncomfortable, I prefer trainers. I wear jeans or jogging bottoms with a T-shirt and fleece.

I also feel the cold a lot and people think I have a "faulty thermostat".

I am the same as you with clothes then. And I feel the cold A LOT! Sometimes I can have lots of clothes on and blankets and still feel cold right to my bones and shivering!