Toran

Clothes And Fashion

StormCrow

My latest favorite style is 13th Century England or German.

But since I don't want to look like a total nutcase I have to dress in more mondern styles.

I'm not sure why, but I like more formal clothes, and have started wearing vests with bowties (because they are cool)

Sofi

But since I don't want to look like a total nutcase I have to dress in more mondern styles.

I'm not sure why, but I like more formal clothes, and have started wearing vests with bowties (because they are cool)

This sounds very grand. Don't worry about looking like a nutcase, we are all different and should just be ourselves regardless of what society says. But, I do understand! 

Andy

It is my observation as we have progressed through the centuries our sense of sartorial elegance has degraded where we are in our advanced ways slobs in comparison to what has gone before in less advanced times.

But if you like such that you do, avail yourself of historical re enactment societies, I understand the US SCA is very advanced where here in this country of what I have experienced of similar we are more interested in hack and bash with steel and it hurts when you get hit with broken bones and cuts a lot of the time.

But I also like to dress up for special occasions and styles of yesteryear are my interest where with the renn goth or steam punk style I can venture and not look too out of place.

Ben

I know a lot about fashion...... 

Hahahahhahahahahahahhaah!!!!!!

*Goes to help the aged to buy some new jeans* 

Sofi

Haha Ben, me too. All my clothes are either from charity shops or Primark, and not even the fashionable section of Primark. I don't look like a tramp though, I promise. 

spiderwoman0_2

I don't do fashion, I live in jeans and t shirts and have one pair of shoes which happen to be frumpy walking shoes.  I get most of my clothes from Asda :D

Andy
Haha Ben, me too. All my clothes are either from charity shops or Primark, and not even the fashionable section of Primark. I don't look like a tramp though, I promise. 

All my clothes are also second hand, mostly sourced off fleabay and recently I have just got hold of a thirty year old pair of new old stock military high leg combat boots to replace my old issued ones which have worn out. (issued in 1989 and in regular use until the tread worn off and they cracked across the sole as that is all I wear is boots, never shoes or soft footwear) My New Rocks came from fleabay as well, I stretched them and modified them to my tastes at a fraction of the price of new.

Sofi
I don't do fashion, I live in jeans and t shirts and have one pair of shoes which happen to be frumpy walking shoes.  I get most of my clothes from Asda :D

I have had a lot from Asda too - I recently got a pair of jeans from there for £4 in the sale but they are reversible so basically, it was £2 for each pair  :P

This reminds me, I am needing a new pair of shoes because I have only been wearing my boots but hopefully if it is going to get warmer anytime soon, they will be too hot and the shoes I wore last summer are too worn out now. I am trying to find a cheap pair but I also want them to be good quality because I've found my feet hurt in cheap shoes. I have been looking on eBay but I am not sure. 

All my clothes are also second hand, mostly sourced off fleabay and recently I have just got hold of a thirty year old pair of new old stock military high leg combat boots to replace my old issued ones which have worn out. (issued in 1989 and in regular use until the tread worn off and they cracked across the sole as that is all I wear is boots, never shoes or soft footwear) My New Rocks came from fleabay as well, I stretched them and modified them to my tastes at a fraction of the price of new.

I have never heard of fleabay? This sounds good. 

Andy
I have had a lot from Asda too - I recently got a pair of jeans from there for £4 in the sale but they are reversible so basically, it was £2 for each pair  :P

This reminds me, I am needing a new pair of shoes because I have only been wearing my boots but hopefully if it is going to get warmer anytime soon, they will be too hot and the shoes I wore last summer are too worn out now. I am trying to find a cheap pair but I also want them to be good quality because I've found my feet hurt in cheap shoes. I have been looking on eBay but I am not sure. 

I have never heard of fleabay? This sounds good. 

Popular name for ebay because it is a massive flea market.

Also know as evilbay by the vendors due to the ever changing selling conditions and costs.

Sofi
Popular name for ebay because it is a massive flea market.

Also know as evilbay by the vendors due to the ever changing selling conditions and costs.

Argh *shakes head at myself* Sorry, I guess I take everything so literally. It didn't cross my mind you would mean eBay. I have heard of another website, called freebay, which is separate from eBay, where everything is free. People just put on their unwanted stuff, including furniture and white appliances, for free as they want it gone.

Well, I have been looking on eBay/fleabay for new shoes. I like the look of Doc Martens. I think I would like to get a pair of them cheap, maybe a patterned pair or green ones, I don't want to look like a punk from the 70s though. Also, not ideal for summer I guess. Maybe I should get something lighter.