Sign in to follow this  
awesomeliza

What gender is your brain?

awesomeliza

I just took the BBC Sex ID (Sex as in gender) and got 50 in the male brain section and the average for males is 50 in the male brain section.

I tended to be really good at the visual and 3D tasks. The verbal task with emotive language, not so well (I just blanked out with the word grey :/). Although, my synonyms were good.

Here is the test:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/science/humanbody/sex/index_cookie.shtml

Post your results if you want! :D

Caroline

I loved it! I got 0!!! So I'm not male nor female 

I also had a very high score on the 3D figures 

vcq14

Absolutely male. I've taken both the BBC Sex ID quiz as well as the GENDER TRAITS TEST [aka "the Bem Test"] and scored -31 (-20 and under is masculine).

I always do very well with visual, verbal and 3D tasks. I also did very well with reading the eyes and only missed one or two.

Here's the link for the Bem Gender Traits test if you're interested: http://androgyne.0catch.com/gentest1.htm

Edited by vcq14

Caroline

Absolutely male. I've taken both the BBC Sex ID quiz as well as the GENDER TRAITS TEST [aka "the Bem Test"] and scored -31 (-20 and under is masculine).

I always do very well with visual, verbal and 3D tasks. I also did very well with reading the eyes and only missed one or two.

Here's the link for the Bem Gender Traits test if you're interested: http://androgyne.0catch.com/gentest1.htm

Well, this test confirms that I'm androgynous

awesomeliza

Gah lucky! I did awfully on the eyes test. :c

The multiple choice did help me though. Otherwise, I doubt that I would have gotten any. Even though I have taken that test too many times and I still fail to match them up. :(

Also, I'll take the Bem Gender test! :D

awesomeliza

-6 on the Bem Test. Androgynous.

Smithy The Wizard

I knew this would probably add to my gender confusion (I doubt whether I'm male or female and it's confusing and annoying). I actually got zero (BBC test). So I guess this means I'm androgynous? And I also got -22 (on the Bem test). :( I am a bit confused now.

vcq14

There are some excellent threads over on AVEN (Asexuality Visibility and Education Network), including several threads related to Aspies as well as descriptions of possible genders, if you are interested: http://www.asexuality.org/home/

Everyone is welcome, whether you identify as asexual or not :)

Peridot

A forum for asexuality? Interesting... I still don't exclude the possibility that there is no such thing (i.e. there is no asexuality in the same way there is sexuality and people who see themselves as being asexual see themselves wrongly). I'm going to check out that forum in the previous post and learn more about it.

As far as the test in this thread in concerned, I scored the average score for men. So that's 50/100 towards the male end of the spectrum if I remember correctly.

Heather

It looks like I got about 25 on the female side of the brain.  A lot of the questions were hard for me.  I was surprised at how well I did on the eyes one because I get confused about someone's emotion by just looking at their eyes but it seems I'm not too bad (though I got at least a couple wrong). 

I got 22 on the BAM test, so feminine. 

But I'm not good with these tests and quizzes.. I also tend to not like to vote extremely, though I try to do it if I feel strongly but usually I don't feel THAT strongly so I hover in the middle of questions a lot on these tests.  But I do agree and like my results, I think I do lean towards the feminine side of things.. being more emotional and things.