Sign in to follow this  
awesomeliza

What gender is your brain?

awesomeliza

I knew this would probably add to my gender confusion (I doubt whether I'm male or female and it's confusing and annoying). I actually got zero (BBC test). So I guess this means I'm androgynous? And I also got -22 (on the Bem test). :( I am a bit confused.

This test doesn't determine anything for certain. It's just a little test to possibly show you whether you have a more male or a more female type brain. :)

Smithy The Wizard

This test doesn't determine anything for certain. It's just a little test to possibly show you whether you have a more male or a more female type brain. :)

Yeah, I guess it's more of a personality-ish thing really. It's just... well, this video I found the other day might be able to explain it better;

DominikaCupcake

I took this test before. I don't remember the result and i'm not going to take it again as this is very long, but i was somewhere in the middle, a little closer to the feminine side than masculine from what i remember.

King_oni

I scored 50 on male.

But I found some parts of this test to conflict with my functioning because of AS. The eyes test would be one.

Also, I scored 3 out of 10 (which still is a lot more than the 4 out of 36 on average I did a while ago). My fingers are weird in that one hand does a perfect male ratio, while the other scored a perfect female ratio. For some reason I scored higher on the 3d shapes and such, which probably makes me more "technically" inclined for such professions. Yet I have 0 interest in that field at all.

Not really sure what to make of it all. I know it's not neccesarily a test to be judged upon though... but I don't "actively" identify with the male gender as such. Well, neither with the female gender...

I'll have a look at that Bem test

Edit; -36 on Bem; Masculine

Edited by King_oni

DominikaCupcake

I knew this would probably add to my gender confusion (I doubt whether I'm male or female and it's confusing and annoying). I actually got zero (BBC test). So I guess this means I'm androgynous? And I also got -22 (on the Bem test). :( I am a bit confused now.

I don't think it has anything to do with being transgender. You can have score high on the male scale on feel like a woman. I am a girl and my brain is slightly manly to be honest, but i have no intentions to become a man. Just like someone who can have feminine brain might have a need become a man. Please, do not feel that if you score high on male brain then it means that you can't be transgender. The most important thing is to feel good about yourself.

Echo

Ha!  I scored 0 - straight down the middle. So, what does that make me? :D

If says I am 50% male haha but I don't really believe it because it is based on stereotypes.

Rocco

-3. Seriously? What is that about? I don't get what the test shows? Echo is cool, and I scored close to her. That work for me. I am new to this subject.../:!

Frankie

11 out of 20 on angles

5 out of 14 on objects positions, incorrectly identified 1

Right side of brain is dominant 

empathising score is 9 out of 20

systemising score is 3 out of 20

matched 4 out of 10 pairs of eyes(no surprise for an aspie lol)

says I prefer more masculine faces(really difficult to choose left or right)

10 out of 12 mentally rotate an object(could have done better if I knew how to move onto the next shape at the start)

"women were much more likely to use emoticons (representations of emotions using punctuation marks)." I have a habit of doing that! lol :)

My score is 0

Test was rubbish :(

Sherbert

I got zero.... well, I guess that makes me half male and half female......meh, I'm going to get a sandwich......