Nesf

Which ASD symptoms don't you have?

aspiesw

I dont think alcohol is a good method to use so you are able to talk to people. It very quickly becomes a dependency if you like and enjoy it to be chatty but you do have the balance of being mute. Drinking related illnesses are on the increase now and as Adpergers is a life long condition its not a good idea to use alcoholic beverage as a cure for docial disfunction as it causes other health problems for the alcoholic.

Obviously I don't use drinking as a solution to my anxiety, I'm not stupid. I drive so I can rarely drink anyway. But if I can drink and I want to relax a bit then there's nothing wrong with having a drink

MichalBeth7

I tend to hear many people talk about having trouble reading other people's emotions. I am the polar opposite. I am hyper-empathetic. I get super excited when others are super excited. I get sad and cry when people are sad and even at sad photos and videos. I am also just very touchy emotionally. I don't know, I'm just a mixed bag of emotion. Since emotions and people and socialization wear me out, I am constantly frazzled because of it. Since I am also not a very big talker, I listen well. It's a double edged sword, but it helps me to help others, which I enjoy. I am very much a person who wants to please others. Another double edged sword.

I also don't stim very noticeably, I rock or sway just a tiny bit.

I don't mind different foods, but am very big on texture difference. Cottage cheese, mayonnaise, potato salad, etc? Yuck! (Sorry if I just sent anyone into the dry heaves.  :( )

Nesf

I tend to hear many people talk about having trouble reading other people's emotions. I am the polar opposite. I am hyper-empathetic. I get super excited when others are super excited. I get sad and cry when people are sad and even at sad photos and videos. I am also just very touchy emotionally. I don't know, I'm just a mixed bag of emotion. Since emotions and people and socialization wear me out, I am constantly frazzled because of it. Since I am also not a very big talker, I listen well. It's a double edged sword, but it helps me to help others, which I enjoy. I am very much a person who wants to please others. Another double edged sword.

I also don't stim very noticeably, I rock or sway just a tiny bit.

I don't mind different foods, but am very big on texture difference. Cottage cheese, mayonnaise, potato salad, etc? Yuck! (Sorry if I just sent anyone into the dry heaves.  :( )

Actually, I think that there are quite a few Aspies who are hyper-empathetic. I'm not like this, I always feel that there is some sort of barrier between me and other people and their emotions. I can usually relate to them but deal with them is a logical rather than emotional way. Like you, I tend to listen more than speak. Hate to say this, but I love cottage cheese!

Edited by Nesf

aspiesw

It seems to be polar opposites with most aspies, either you don't have it, or you have too much of it with most things. I don't really have a big problem with texture, of clothes anyway. If I don't like the texture of food, I won't eat it. I tried Risotto the other day, it felt weird chewing it, it was sticky and crunchy, I was expecting a bad taste to occur that never did, so I couldn't eat it

PandaPrincess

I don't have sensory issues.  I'm always very jumpy when someone touches me unexpectedly, but the touch doesn't hurt at all, unless the person is pressing into my skin.  I don't like very firm touch, unlike a lot of people on the spectrum.  

I usually understand metaphors.  I did well identifying metaphors in English class in school. 

Simon Chai

I don't have as many sensory issues as others seem to.

I don't have issues with food and texture.

These two.

nichii

Highly gifted in one or more areas: I'm pretty good with computers, but I wouldn't consider myself highly gifted in anything.

Can spend hours in the library researching, loves learning and information: It depends on the topic, but even then I don't really care about learning new things that much.

Collects things: I've never collected anything in a serious/obsessive way. I have a couple bottles of ramune, but that's about it.

Excellent rote memory: I have really bad short term memory and unless I concentrate and focus on remembering something, I'll forget it within seconds. That's why I can never have a car. I'm never able to remember where my dad parks when we go somewhere.

Honesty: I've regretted so many times and feel really guilty for all the times I've lied. After a while I think my closest friend lost all trust in me because I always said I would do something and I would always give up quickly and never follow through with it. I also can't be honest about certain things and state my opinion. I'm so preoccupied with offending the other person or making them feel uncomfortable that I'm more likely to agree with whatever they say, to avoid conflict. I sometimes wonder if I have an opinion of my own.

Little Pink Coupe

This is an interesting topic! :) Let's see....

- I don't really have strict routines, and don't mind changing things up once in a while...in fact, I find it kind of necessary.

- I try not to go on and on about my special interests with people...unless, of course, I'm with people I think would understand and like to hear about them.

- I'm not really "bad at lying," the way a lot of ASD experts seem to think we tend to be.

- My folks say I'm actually really good with people, but what I try to make them understand is that it takes a lot out of me to BE "that good" with people.

史越瀚

I don't have any particular problems with fluorescent lights, which it seems like a lot of Aspies have.  Also, I have nearly permanent allergies, with means I can barely smell anything, so I don't have any sensitivity to smells, either. 

RiRi

I don’t:

-talk, I tend to be really quiet in person

-have something that I’m really good at, at least I don’t think

-jump when someone randomly touches me, but I don’t like it

-have texture issues, I can eat pretty much anything that’s safe to eat

-collect things, I've kept textbooks, but that’s because I had to buy them and never sold them back

-have daily routines, I do whatever comes up that day, but I do rather do things I’m comfortable doing