Scheduled Live-streams Read more... ×
TheWizardofCalculus

Spelling and Aspies

Quirky Debbie

Someone told me recently that those who are good spellers actually visualise the word in their head. I definitely don't do that and my spelling is drastic. It's got a lot better though over the years and not long ago I looked at a list of the most commonly mis-spelt words. Most of them I have got okay now but I still seem to spend for ever googling words to see how to spell them. I don't understand why I can spell all those common errors but still it seems more and more words come up when I try to write that I'm not sure about.

My English was terrible at school and after having a private tutor and two attempts I never passed by English 'O' level. I tell people that and they can't get over it. I think I could pass it now and probably a lot was to do with the imagination side of it and being able to visualise a story that I had to answer questions on. I can hardly read novel type books as I can't visualise in my head what's gong on or don't do this easily at all.

StormCrow

I'm pretty bad at spelling, it might be due to the never writting things on paper and having autocorrect spelling on almost everything.

Aspergolfer

I am an excellent speller, but abysmal with math.