L Lawliet

Children's Reactions to You

L Lawliet

How do children react to you?

Young kids seem to laugh at me all of the time. Either that or they look at me with a confused face. They also get really attached to me very quickly which is odd because I don't really go out of my way to talk to kids, they just seem to like me. I don't know whether I just relate to them or what.

Babies frown at me when I walk past them in a pushchair. They literally stop everything they are doing just to frown at me, like they're trying to work me out.

I beginning to wonder if they see something about me that others don't :P

King_oni

Fear and terror and loud shrieks... I kid you not, but that's what children usually do when I turn up, lol. The fact that a balloon once popped when I took my shades off and gazed at a balloon would probably have terrified one as well... I call it a silly coincidence, those kids probably thought I was magic, lol.

But it depends on age I guess. I've been told to show patience when talking to children as well. But those were the ones barely in their teens (like 10 to 13 year olds). But that was at a gaming store and all while a kid wanted to borrow some cards for a tournament and such.

The only kids that so far that aren't afraid of me and tend to say hi, are the adopted kids of my neighbors. Those kids have seen a lot of families (since they're apparently difficult to deal with) over years but the moment I'm actually over at my neighbors for something they don't mind asking me something rather than sitting on a couch, trying not to move and hope they blend in with the furniture.

Nesf

Small children often like me because I play with them and don't ignore them like other adults do. I'm not very comfortable around babies because I don't know how to told them and they can sense this, so start crying. I don't always know what to do when a child starts crying. I know I should comfort him/her but don't always know how. Teenagers sometimes make me nervous.

brookeloveslotr

Kids do take a liking to me.. And I like kids. I love how they focus on the simple things in life and have fun, I think more adults need to get back to that. Kids see no reason to debate with people, we can learn a lot from them. It bugs me that many adults say the opinion of a child doesn't matter. I say it does, and rightly so because they are still human beings and deserve to be heard.

weebo

i get on really well with yopung kids once they get ot like 11-12 then they change  B)

Saveyourscissors

I don't think ive ever not had a kid either stare at me and smile or just love me, I don't know why but I'm pretty good with kids and babys but shy at first though even then they still love me and I'm like I haven't done anything? Why are you smiling at me all the time! haha.Kids are great :)

Heather

I'm scared around other babies and young kids, I don't want to make the wrong move and I feel bad if the baby or young kid would take a liking to me because they shouldn't like me more than others.

Sometimes I feel awkward when I see babies or kids when I'm out and they notice me or smile.  One time I was waiting to cross a street and there was a baby in their carrier/car seat (not in a car) with their mom (or the lady taking care of them) and the baby was facing me and it seemed like he kept on smiling if I looked at him/her and smiled and I kept not looking for too long because I get scared people will see me as creepy and before the light came on to cross the baby smiled and made a bit of a noise which made me uncomfortable because I think the lady looked at my direction but I looked away.

I love watching my cousins' kids play and they are so cute, though growing up now, but I haven't really been involved in playing with them so don't want to suddenly start playing with them at family gatherings, but even if I had a chance I would be scared to.  But a lot of times kids are so accepting and loving and not as judgmental as a lot of adults and it can be fun to play with them because you don't have to worry about acting 'adult' and can give into the childish playful behavior. 

Smithy The Wizard

I think babies like me. I don't really know how to hold them, but that's because I hardly get the chance (my aunt had a baby a while ago and he's adorable!). :)

I think toddlers like me too. I like playing with them, they just run around a little and they're cute. I think I have motherly instincts or something, when I was maybe 8 or 9, I used to swaddle stuffed Pokémon plush toys with bandanas. ^_^

As far as people my age, a lot ignore me, not on purpose, I don't talk to a lot of people at school because they think "gangsta" is cool, but to me it just makes them look like idiots and I don't want to associate myself with that sort of thing. They probably don't want a shy, bookworm who doesn't talk that much as a friend anyways. But that's probably my 40-year-old mental age telling me all that.

Adults, I usually respect them, I made friends with some of my teachers. I think they like me because I am polite, quiet, and I turn my work in on time (in most cases).

The elderly are the people I have a really hard time talking to because I just don't know how to have a conversation with them. The difference in time periods makes it a bit difficult :unsure: , but I give them respect as long as they don't break it or as long as they give me some in return.

Nintendo2

I used to not like kids but now I changed my two oldest nieces and I are really close and we hang out and they tell me a lot of interesting things. Kids are great once you get to know them.

L Lawliet

Kids do take a liking to me.. And I like kids. I love how they focus on the simple things in life and have fun, I think more adults need to get back to that. Kids see no reason to debate with people, we can learn a lot from them. It bugs me that many adults say the opinion of a child doesn't matter. I say it does, and rightly so because they are still human beings and deserve to be heard.

Kids take in more than people realise. They're big sponges!