Willow

Liane Holliday-Willey Interview

Willow

Just found this on Liane's Facebook page (not sure why I've not seen it already), and thought I'd share it; it's a really great, in depth interview, which I thought might be useful for people :)

jenny.wren76

that was nice, thanks for posting it.

pilomaya

That was good. very clear. Thanks for sharing Willow 

Willow

I'm glad you liked it :D I was surprised to see how few views it has :(

Sofi

She is definitely great at acting normal like she says. I couldn't ever act like that. I think that's difference between Aspergers & Autism. I also have never really observed people. 

Nesf

She is definitely great at acting normal like she says. I couldn't ever act like that. I think that's difference between Aspergers & Autism. I also have never really observed people. 

I doubt that I'd be as good at public speaking as she is, but I suppose it is well rehearsed and it's something she is used to talking about. Also, she might have had the interview questions before hand so she could rehearse her answers.

RiRi

Thank you for posting this. I don't know much about who she is, I just know she's the one that did the foreword in Willow's book The Other Side. I started watching the video and a lot of what she's saying is so true. 

Aeolienne

I once got into an email correspondence with LHW. I told her that I was disappointed by how in Pretending to be Normal she went straight from describing her unhappy student days to her present existence with her "wonderful husband" without any explanation of how she got there. She replied that her life wasn't in reality that plain sailing; in the original draft of her autobiography she had described traumatic experiences such as abusive relationships and date rape, but she was persuaded to leave that stuff out lest it should upset her daughters. I guess she feels more able to talk openly about that now her daughters are grown up.