Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Little Pink Coupe

What should I do for my friend...

Little Pink Coupe

...Before she goes into surgery this Monday? 

This friend I am referring to is the 70-year-old receptionist who works at the front desk in the building I live in. She and I talk often (I think she likes the break from the tedious desk work she has to do) and I can tell she's sad about going into surgery next week because afterward, she'll have to take leave for the rest of the semester and won't see her friends till they move back in next year. 

So, what should I do for her before she leaves? Should I get her a card, or something? And what kind of card should it be (a sympathey card, get well soon card, or...) Or a small stuffed animal, maybe? What would you do in a similar situation?

Thanks in advance! :) 

Nesf

I think a get well soon card would be ideal, and some flowers or a stuffed toy animal would be appreciated, I'm sure. I hope her surgery goes well and she makes a swift recovery.

DominikaCupcake

I think that he thing she will appreciate most are your kind words. But i think that a card or stuffed animal can be great too.

spiderwoman0_2

I agree with all of the above, it's always nice to know that someone is thinking of you :)

thegingerone

Maybe you could get a card with just a picture on it but without a 'Get Well Soon' message or anything to show that you are thinking of them but don't feel sorry for them or anything.  That's what my Grandma does with that kind of thing.

Little Pink Coupe

Hi, everyone - I went with the "get well soon" card idea - I got her a really cute one with a golden retriever puppy on the front since she has a dog of her own. She really liked it! :) Thanks for your guys' advice!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.