Willow

The Other Side: Living With Asperger Syndrome

Willow

Just wanted to tell you all that, after a very long, hard road, my book is finally complete!

It's release date is the 2nd April (World Autism Awareness Day).

It's around 70,000 words long (376 pages).

The foreword is written by the lovely Liane Holliday Willey, EdD  and I am very honored that she was able to do this for me! 

Also, to run alongside the book, there will be an interactive timeline, which will consist of various videos, photographs, letters and artwork that fit with each chapter. This will be available within the next week.

http://www.willowhope.com/products/the-other-side-living-with-aspergers-syndrome

I wrote this book to try and help other people with Asperger Syndrome, and their families. I hope that my experiences and the way I have dealt with situations will guide others so that they can further understand themselves, feel less alone, and hopefully go about getting the help they need – whether that’s a diagnosis, or just ways to cope as a person on the spectrum, in a world full of people who see things differently.

I talk about my childhood and how that fits into place and makes sense to me now that I am diagnosed. I also speak about my struggles through school and my teenage years, and how this was the most difficult time in my life, but was also when I found out I was on the spectrum. I then go on to talk about my partner and my new life with him; my various projects on raising awareness of the Autistic Spectrum and how I have learnt to cope with being an Aspie living in a normal world.

“WillowHope, like many people on the autism spectrum, is a visual thinker.  She can peek back to her earliest memories and bring them to life with detail and elaboration as fresh and vivid as a sharply taken photograph.  WillowHope’s story is like her name, filled with hope.  She expresses her memories with articulate thoughts that bring the reader into the world of Asperger syndrome and autism.” – from the foreword by Liane Holliday Willey

Publish Date:  2nd April 2014 (Autism Awareness Day)     
Category:
 Self Help | Asperger Syndrome | Autobiography
ISBN: 978-0-9927847-5-1
Pages: 376
Author: WillowHope
Foreword: Liane Holliday Willey

The_Other_Side_Front_Cover_1024x1024.jpg

• Helpful 18

Disappeared

Congratulations Willow! :D

Edited by Kuribo
  • Helpful 1

TheWizardofCalculus

Congratulations. =)

Disappeared

Just preordered. :)

Nintendo2

Congratulations Willow. I know it will be a really good book. :)

HalfFull

Congratulations Willow. Thats really positive :)

Daryl

Well Done Willow, I look forward to reading it!

brookeloveslotr

Congrats Willow :)

Little Pink Coupe

Wow, congratulations, WillowHope! :)

Pinky and his brain

Congratulations, well done. :)

Now you just have to sell a couple of million copies. Then you will be a superstar. :D

Willow

Thank you everyone! :D

It couldn't have happened without everyone here and on my YouTube etc. :D

• Helpful 1

awesomeliza

Congratulations! :D

I wish I could buy it, but sadly I have no way of buying anything online. :(

Arthur

Félicitation Willow!!!!!!!

Echo

Gwych Willow!!! Da iawn x Pob parch :)

brookeloveslotr

I really hope more people will start to see us in a more positive way, now that this book is out.

MichalBeth7

Congratulations! :)  I love that more and more great literature on Aspergers is coming out!

Disappeared

I'm sorry to hear that your company is giving you trouble. I hope it's nothing too serious.

As per your email instructions, I've just downloaded the PDF to my iPad. To anyone else downloading it, it's normal for it to be unresponsive for a few minutes.

So far, I've only had the chance to have a quick look but I just wanted to say that I thought the Dedication was beautiful. Thank you for including it.

• Helpful 2

Saveyourscissors

I'm sorry to hear that your company is giving you trouble. I hope it's nothing too serious.

As per your email instructions, I've just downloaded the PDF to my iPad. To anyone else downloading it, it's normal for it to be unresponsive for a few minutes.

So far, I've only had the chance to have a quick look but I just wanted to say that I thought the Dedication was beautiful. Thank you for including it.

What's the dedication? :)

Willow

They just made it unnecessarily difficult for me to sort out what should have been a tiny issue - but it's all sorted now and I am expecting the books in the next 7 days.

I'm glad you were able to download it, I hope you like it! I thought it only fair for those who pre-ordered it to get a PDF upon it's release! :D

Thank you - the dedication was difficult to include, since I was meant to be placing a thank you to her in the acknowledgements, but obviously it was too late :(

What's the dedication? :)

The book is dedicated to Sofi's Mum.

• Helpful 4

Michael D

I got my copy for Kindle, and read it straight through! The biographical material is engrossing and well-written; your story is told with even-handedness and without the bitterness that so often crops up when writers present the struggles and difficulties they have faced. The structure of the advice sections, and the timeline material, is innovative and quite effective. I could go on, but I'll save something for future discussion. A fine addition to the literature, bravo!

• Helpful 1

grahamguitarman

I'm going to have to buy this book !