spiderwoman0_2

I'm Sarah, Willow Hopes mother.

spiderwoman0_2

Hi, I'm Sarah, I have two children with Aspergers, so if there are any parents etc who would like to ask anything or just have a moan, then  feel free  :)

specialstar

hi welcome. I am willows online friend and is my editor of my book. How kind is she 

Fireandshadows

Hello, I'm Beth and I have Asperger's. I got diagnosed when I was 17 and I'm now 19. My mum sometimes says that she feels bad for not noticing that I was different as a child, causing such a late diagnosis. I don't think she should feel bad at all because these things are always easier to see with hindsight, but I do wish I had been diagnosed earlier.

I guess my question is, have you had a similar experience to my mum's? If you have, what are your feelings about this?

spiderwoman0_2
Hello, I'm Beth and I have Asperger's. I got diagnosed when I was 17 and I'm now 19. My mum sometimes says that she feels bad for not noticing that I was different as a child, causing such a late diagnosis. I don't think she should feel bad at all because these things are always easier to see with hindsight, but I do wish I had been diagnosed earlier.

I guess my question is, have you had a similar experience to my mum's? If you have, what are your feelings about this?

Hello Beth, I felt excatly the same as your mum, but thinking back, to me Willow was normal, she was my first child and I had no one to compare her to.  To me she was a bright child who liked to entertain herself, I guess I thought it was unusual that she didn't play at pretending to be something or someone else, but I thought it was just how she liked to be.  She did stuggle with school, mainly secondary school and to be honest I couldn't understand why, but because she was very good at acting 'normal' she covered it up.  If it wasn't for Willow realising that something must be wrong, we might never have found out.  Tell your mum not to feel guilty, I don't think Willow blames me for not knowing and I'm sure you don't blame your mum, and as long as you can understand one another now then that's all that matters.  Hope this helps :)

Anxious

Hello Sarah,

It is clear where Willow gets her beauty from.

imir8atu

Hello Sarah

my mom says the same about me... still to this day she is still my biggest cheerleader and motovater

spiderwoman0_2
Hello Sarah,

It is clear where Willow gets her beauty from.

Thank you, don't think you'd say that now, that picture was taken about 5yrs ago :)

spiderwoman0_2
 Hello Sarah

my mom says the same about me... still to this day she is still my biggest cheerleader and motovater

:D  I wouldn't change my two children for the world, I'm not keen on 'normal' children lol :)

Stressmonster
Thank you, don't think you'd say that now, that picture was taken about 5yrs ago :)

Yes Willow has changed alot the last 5 years...

(haha, sorry couldn't help myself, it's a short road from thinking it to typing it, joking of course :P )

Annaflower

Hi, I am Mum to a 13 year old Girl with undiagnosed Aspergers. We've had over 2 years now of waiting for the NHS to evaluate her and get some answers.

Someone suggested to me that I have a look at Willow's blog and I have found it helps me understand more from my daughters perspective. I am so in awe of all Willow is achieving and how she is helping people like me and my daughter see the positive side of ASD.

If anyone wants to chat or give me ideas of how to make my daughters life easier that would be great.

Anna x