Sign in to follow this  
Clockwork Crow

Relationships?

Clockwork Crow

i've noticed that lots of people here are in a relationship... I never properly had one. 

Are they as good as everyone says? 

HOW DID YOU MEET?!!

I want to make friends and maybe get into a relationship, but first I need to find people.... Any ideas?

Clockwork Crow

Clubs? College? Work? Just random people in the street? Internet?

Edited by Clockwork Crow

jenny.wren76

We worked at the same grocery store as teenagers.

Disclosure

Relationships take a lot of work. Start by talking to someone you are attracted to.

King_oni

I met my current girlfriend online... and we just decided to meet up and it went from there.

Girlfriend before that, similar, though she was from the same area (unlike my current girlfriend) and she kinda knew me through mutual friends from a local gaming store, yet we never really hung out before. And then there's one, that took about 15 years to cultivate, lol That's probably not the best way to go, but that was with the sister of my childhood friend.

Are they as good as everyone says? It depends. Usually they're fun at the start and they often remain quite a lot of fun, though obviously, sometimes it's a lot of stress as well.. which is probably why some relationships fail ;) not everyone you meet will end up in a successful relationship.

I guess you can meet anywhere. I met a few girls online and apparently they were in for an adventure and decided to take a chance. That's not necessarily the way everyone will be. Especially with a lot of bad stories you hear online nowadays. The fact that I'm at home a lot and don't visit clubs, have a job or am in school anymore does somewhat limit my prospects to meet people at such places, so online is/was my best bet at a certain point.

However, what I will say is that the times I ended up with someone in the sense of relationship, I didn't really look for it that hard. I just met up with people, with whom I had some stuff in common and as it happened they were female and it went from there. Going out looking for a relationship specifically never really worked out for me. I guess it's the "let's try to be friends" thing that worked for me and people got interested enough to see if there was more to get out of it. Perhaps it was a bit of curiosity to see if I'm as much fun in a relationship as I am to hang out with... 

Heather

Relationships are great.. when you are with the right person!!  The best way to meet a potential partner is to meet people wherever you go, if you find someone looks interesting, try and talk to them, as difficult as it might be, and you can also meet a potential partner online.

I met my boyfriend online, we both have AS.  We met on AspieAffection which is a smaller sort of dating site so I don't know how many success stories it actually has.  But that was how we met.  It was really good for us, because we could get to know each other through typing and eventually voice and video chat, before meeting in person.  We were able to open up to each other earlier on and get closer to each other.  We didn't start an official relationship right away, we were friends first for about a year before we officially declared our relationship.  It's not always easy.. in fact, since we are long distance, some would say it's harder because we are not able to be together in person for most of the time until we close the distance one day.  But we talk all the time.  He is my best friend as well as my boyfriend and the man that I love.

The best relationships involve two people who are also best friends.  Don't rush a relationship, keep your eyes open because you never know when you will meet someone.. but work on making yourself happy and be happy for you, and make friends, and when the time is right and you meet the right person.. but you will have to put yourself in the situations where you will meet people.  Although you can meet someone almost anywhere... 

DominikaCupcake

It's great to have a relationship, but it is also difficult as you have it takes a lot of work. But generally i'm happy to be in a relationship. I think it made me more social and open.

We met at the metal music festival here in Norway. I went there alone because my friend couldn't go so i was there alone pretty much all the time. I didn't even intend to meet anyone there and besides, most guys and girls in such places or often goths and emos which is not interesting to me. But then he came and said "meow" just like a cat and started to talk to me. It happened quite fast and i felt comfortable talking to him from the very beginning which is quite unusual for me. Now we are together for almost 1.5 year and he is the best thing that ever happened n my life. We make each other happy and can always help each other or even have some shoulder to cry on. So generally it's a very positive thing, but i have moments when i wonder if it is right for me. Sometimes i can't stop myself from thinking that relationship isn't for me. Luckily i never take those thoughts seriously. I couldn't live without him. My life wouldn't make sense anymore. It's too late to turn back. My task in this world is to love him and be there for him whenever he needs me. 

Echo

I met my partner through a mutual interest. I was completing an apprenticeship at a local studio where my partner used to visit on almost a daily basis. We got to know each other quickly over the course of about 2 months. By the summer, (4 months later), I moved in with him and we've been together ever since (10 years this summer!!!).

Miss Chief

I usually avoid relationships as they complicate everything, so I have only had 2 worth mentioning the first was a guy I met at work and tbh he just kept turning up, he literally moved into my flat without ever raising the subject there was just more of his shit there every day when I got home from work. That was not a good relationship and I eventually left him after 4 years.

My current relationship is now in its eighth year, I also met him through work but as a friend initially we were mates for a long time including through the above relationship. This one is pretty good, but then he is very patient with me i.e. we still don't live together. I guess you just have to find someone who suits you.