Willow

Ordering/Paying for Food in a Restaurant

Spiderman0_2
I know just what you mean, I'm very indecisive when it comes to choosing anything and spend ages looking at everything, I'd never go to subway.

Yes, I know :P

I prefer places you can see the menu before actually going (an online menu is excellent!), so I can decide what I want without the pressure of some waiter hovering over me as I feel pressurised into making a hasty decision. Given my particular dietry requirements I have to think about what I order.

Sofi
Oh yes. Just pick something, they say. I can't do that I am not spontaneous. Although hungry, when I look at food on a menu none of it sounds appetising even if I would eat most of it when given. I just can't make the decision quickly. I like going to places where you have to choose your food first (like if you are in a large group). Also this attracts conversation to people around you and it's easy just to listen, but that's irrelevant.

Yes - "Just pick something". I am terrible at any kind of decision and I definitely prefer to order in advance too. Such as, when you phone up for a takeaway and you have menu at home. I sometimes analyse the menu all day at my leisure, if I know my mum is going to phone up in the evening for it. That way, I have loads of time to decide and stare at the menu all day. I prefer takeaway anyway because I hate sitting in a restaurant eating, I feel so uneasy being out in public trying to eat, it's so uncomfortable. I have a perfectly fine house to eat my food in - why go out?! We don't have takeaways very often though as it is quite expensive. 

I know just what you mean, I'm very indecisive when it comes to choosing anything and spend ages looking at everything, I'd never go to subway.

Haha, I can't believe you have just said this. Hilarious. I have big issues with Subway. I always have a massive rant about it to my mum. I used to go it but it is so stressful every single time, for my mum trying to order and it takes forever, just for a sandwich. I could go home and make my own sandwich in that space of time! My brother still likes it so she still gets it for him sometimes. I stay in the car in peace and quiet - horrible place for ordering, and not even that nice! 

spiderwoman0_2
Yes - "Just pick something". I am terrible at any kind of decision and I definitely prefer to order in advance too. Such as, when you phone up for a takeaway and you have menu at home. I sometimes analyse the menu all day at my leisure, if I know my mum is going to phone up in the evening for it. That way, I have loads of time to decide and stare at the menu all day. I prefer takeaway anyway because I hate sitting in a restaurant eating, I feel so uneasy being out in public trying to eat, it's so uncomfortable. I have a perfectly fine house to eat my food in - why go out?! We don't have takeaways very often though as it is quite expensive. 

Haha, I can't believe you have just said this. Hilarious. I have big issues with Subway. I always have a massive rant about it to my mum. I used to go it but it is so stressful every single time, for my mum trying to order and it takes forever, just for a sandwich. I could go home and make my own sandwich in that space of time! My brother still likes it so she still gets it for him sometimes. I stay in the car in peace and quiet - horrible place for ordering, and not even that nice! 

I'm not keen on eating out, but if the place is busy I don't feel so conscious and people don't take any notice of you.

zzax27

I can't talk to people I don't know in a public place let alone pay someone in a restaurant, I have really bad social skills so my fiancé has todo all the talking and paying bills on my behalf, I hope one day I will be able todo normal everyday things by myself. It's just really hard over coming the anxiety.

I encounter the same problem sometimes, especially when im out to eat. I always try and get my friend to order for me. When I see the waitress walking across, I go completely blank usually... im far too anxious in such situations

Ben

Wow! I forgot all about this thread! This may have been where I posted my first post. 

Meh! I just shout oi at them now. Their paid to serve me, why should I have to exacerbate myself by talking to them? 

Willow

Wow! I forgot all about this thread! This may have been where I posted my first post. 

Meh! I just shout oi at them now. Their paid to serve me, why should I have to exacerbate myself by talking to them? 

lol - maybe 'excuse me' would be better :P

Toran

We went out for a meal with my brother and we had a lovely time. The problem was we had a chatty waitress which is no problem for most people but i found it a bit too much it spoiled what was a great evening.

Nesf

We went out for a meal with my brother and we had a lovely time. The problem was we had a chatty waitress which is no problem for most people but i found it a bit too much it spoiled what was a great evening.

Yes, i would much prefer an aloof one to a chatty one. When it's just a matter or telling them what you want to order, and them writing it down, communication is not an issue. But aren't they supposed to be like taxi drivers, and intuitively sense when a person wants to chat or wants to be left alone?

Toran

Yes, i would much prefer an aloof one to a chatty one. When it's just a matter or telling them what you want to order, and them writing it down, communication is not an issue. But aren't they supposed to be like taxi drivers, and intuitively sense when a person wants to chat or wants to be left alone?

I would like to think so but some either dont see the signs that a person doesnt want to talk or its in their nature to chat away regardless. Some people seem to talk for ages but when you think back they didnt really say snything of interest its one of the things that drive me mad.Maybe its me but i much prefure meaningfull shorter conversations thatmay make me seem a bit short tempered i guess but its how i am.

Nesf

I would like to think so but some either dont see the signs that a person doesnt want to talk or its in their nature to chat away regardless. Some people seem to talk for ages but when you think back they didnt really say snything of interest its one of the things that drive me mad.Maybe its me but i much prefure meaningfull shorter conversations thatmay make me seem a bit short tempered i guess but its how i am.

I know what you mean - talking for the sake of talking, asking questions for the sake of asking and politeness for the sake of politeness... questions, questions, questions... ugh!