Alex

Back from break...

Alex

So I've been trying to make this thread a couple of times, and I'm not entirely sure what to say.. I haven't been very active for a while now, since I just didn't feel like posting anything (due to increased social anxiety and meltdowns), and while I still don't feel like contributing to a lot of big topics at the moment, I'm open for just chatting with people in private messages or however they want to. So if you are up for it, you can add me to your friends and we can have a friendly chatter...

By the way - Just posting this topic is hard for me and I've read this through a ton of times to check the spelling and see if I missed anything...I honestly think I need to seek out some people to talk about my social anxiety and share my thoughts with...

Sofi

I understand. I am actually the same as this and I wondered if I was the only one. I analyse what I am typing all the time and go back and change the wording of sentences several times, edit bits out, cutting and pasting until I finally feel happy with it! I have thought of a few thread topics I wanted to post but I feel too shy about it .and worry that the topics are not appropriate. 

Well, I remember you because you were one of the first people to message me when I first posted on here about WoW. I understand social anxiety and meltdowns well, you can talk to me about it. I like to talk to anyone who shares similar things because then we don't feel as alone with the issues, which I have found so far in this forum :) 

Alex

Yeah, I remember talking about WoW :D Sure, I'll add you then! I do tend to feel a bit lonely sometimes and since non of my friends have AS or Social Anxiety, I feel the need to meet new people with similar issues :)

Alex

Also, I want to add that sometimes I'm too shy or scared to post anything, but often I just don't know what to say and don't feel like I have anything to contribute to the discussion  :)

FireWire

I feel the same, sometimes I just feel like calling it a day and having my account deleted, because sometimes I feel that my posts are pointless or no one wants to read what I write. I also tend to swear a lot I'm not sure why but it just comes out as I'm typing so I have to go back and edit my posts. I'm never really sure if what I'm saying is appropriate or not as I do tend to say the wrong stuff a lot if the time. Maybe that's why I find it hard to make friends online. I always feel as though I am just left sitting in the corner alone a lot of the time.

I'm a really shy person and get really anxious about silly things that normally lead to me closing my Facebook and other sites I've joined only to regret it the next day. It just keeps going around in a circle with me and I can't seem to stop it. I'm almost 29 but I feel like a 9 year old sometimes thats been told off for being naughty.

I doubt ill ever get this thing called life under control or understand it.

Heather

Welcome back! :)  I was wondering what you were up to.  Though I totally understand social anxiety.  I also understand going back and editing a post or changing your mind completely about writing one.  I have done that before, mostly on other forums, but I have probably done that a few times at least on this forum too.  Don't worry, I think most of us on this site understand social anxiety and meltdowns. :)  I know personally that this site has probably made me feel most comfortable to post things without worrying as much. 

I know sometimes I get it where I don't feel like I have anything to add to the discussion either.  I don't contribute to a lot of the threads because of this.  I just lurk around until someone posts something I relate to and then I'm more likely to post (unless I have no time or change my mind half way through writing it :P ).  Don't worry.  But if you do want to chat about anything you can message me.  Also, you could even start a blog or journal to write your thoughts, it could help you get the thoughts out.. or even organize them so you can share the ones you wish to easier? :)

iggy

Welcome back :)

Is that a quote of the doctor in your signature, by the way?

Willow

Welcome back :D

Is that a quote of the doctor in your signature, by the way?

I thought that too - I think it is :P

As always, you can message me whenever you want to chat :D

And don't worry about posting here - just do it as and when you feel comfortable, and as everyone has pointed out, we all often end up rewriting what we've typed etc or just not bothering! :)

Sofi

I thought I would be only person who goes back and edits what I've typed. I spend ages doing it sometimes then I get frustrated with myself sometimes and think "Just leave it and send it!". Sometimes, I have typed a really long reply then just thought "Nah, nobody will care", select all, delete! But, now it seems everyone does the same! 

It takes me even longer to finish a message sometimes because I stop every 2 minutes approximately and do this annoying thing I do with my hands it is like a stimming thing - wastes so much time and energy! 

Khasper
Also, I want to add that sometimes I'm too shy or scared to post anything, but often I just don't know what to say and don't feel like I have anything to contribute to the discussion  :)

I do this all the time. I'm siting writing up a reply to something and at the end I reread it and say do I really want to post this. I usually end up closing out and not posting anything, or sometimes I'll go back to post and it won't sound right, at least to me.

I'm more of a forum lurker than an active poster.