Scheduled Live-streams Read more... ×
Mr_Alex

[Sensitive] How many people in this forum find relief from their Autism using Cannabis?

Mr_Alex

Before I go on, I am doing a report in New Zealand that is going to be submitted to the New Zealand Ministry of Health on why the Autism Spectrum Disorder Community should be allowed Cannabis or at least medical access to it. What I would like to know is for the members who have used Cannabis, does it provide relief from panic or anxiety attacks or stress and also does it help the person who have used it to get through their day and most important of all does it help the person out from the social awkwardness situation?

Ben

Well probably, seeing as it's a recreational drug. If it didn't calm you down, then you should ask for your money back, because your dealer has sold you the contents of a tea bag. 

But anyway, don't confuse the presence of evil as an angel of light. Drugs make you feel good, but they're also a game of Russian Roulette - you can't know exactly how you're going to react each and every time, as the potency is variant in almost every ounce. You could take it up to a time and feel fine, then you could run into a gram too strong and react horribly to it. 

I've seen SO many friends - among them Apsies, who have big time squandered their lives through Cannabis use. I'm talking long term unemployment, psychosis, chronic depression, chronic laziness, weight gain, weight loss, no prospects, no future and no way out. I personally don't think the gamble is worth the possible reward.

You're trying to encourage NZ to let people use drugs!? That is absurd. No I do not think it should be legal for people with ASD's to have cannabis.

jenny.wren76

I've honestly never used it, I was thinking about getting a medical use card if we moved back to SoCal but we didn't. Now I don't think I would, because I experience derealization as part of an anxiety disorder and I've heard others say that it can make derealization worse so, no thanks.

Xenolith

I don't know why so many people are having knee-jerk reactions to this. If it's shown that Cannabis does provide effective relief and that the relief it provides is greater than the side-effects, then I'd absolutely support its use. 

I've never used it though and I'm not sure if Asperclick is the best place to ask this question since whilst there are people here from other countries, it is a UK-based site and obviously, Cannabis is illegal in the United Kingdom.

turkey_steve

I use the hell out of it.

It helps me cope with stress from home and work.

Just because you 420, doesn't mean you quit doing laundry and mowing your lawn.  Lack of motivation is caused by something else inside people that died.

I get a free pass on THC in my random drug tests.  You all disbelieve, but when companies get good performers, they turn an eye to many things because it is profitible.  The bottom line is always about the dough, and when thc makes star employees into more stable, sustainable, likable employees, it's a win-win.

I have thought that the best crew would be two sober people, and four stoners.  Put the smartest stoner in charge and let them handle the people.

Rocco

We have medicinal here in California. Whoop woop. I definitely think it should be legalized. It is immoral to outlaw nature. I have voted in favor of legalization in several elections. I can confirm the positive effects of the following; reduced anxiety, calm, more focused at times, relaxed, minimalized social anxiety, improved patience, inner calm, eclectic and creative thought

Rock on Turkey Steve! I've got five on it! I have NO DOUBT of medicinal value. It is an amazing alternative to addictive mood stabilizers. Instant relief. Multiple methods of use. Vapor, smoke, edibles, marinol, pills, hash...mmmmmmmmm

DISCLAIMER!!! Follow your local

Laws and regulations. I am not promoting the use of drugs, just sharing about a plant. Never abuse chemicals, drugs, people, plants, animals, etc

Edited by Rocco

Rocco

In addition I have known many people NT and a few aspies who have benefited from use. Full time careers, stable lives, heathy relationships, excellent coursework, good grades, motivated, active and so on.

Don't knock it till you've tried it.

Here is an example of Medicinal high grade. Note the superior quality and color. The spots/fuzz/powdery coating is/ are the THC glands, which are the active ingredient. They can be separated from the vegetable matter, using screens, water and ice, or tumblers, for a more purified less harsh experience. BooYaaa beaches! :D

7BE42D24-B4FF-411D-81B7-3E112983B455_zps

DISCLAIMER!! I am not recommending or promoting to any one to use or abuse drugs. Especially those under age 21. Be responsible with any medication, drug, chemical.

Edited by Rocco

turkey_steve

As a regular 420 user, it is important to incorporate variety.

I'd rather have multiple medium quality strains than just a couple high powered ones.  You build resistance to one strain pretty quick, but there is enough difference between the strains to keep the new feelings coming and coming.

The problem with 420 and aspers is the paranoia.  If you have done the best you could in your life, then paranoia should not be an issue.  Paranoia is the fruit of unresolved problems which bother you subconciously.  If you are conscientous about your life, and give when you can, then 420 can help you make that emotional connection that normal people receive freely.  It's a real eye opener to feel what you've been missing.

Nesf

I don't do cannabis. There are other safer, healthier legal ways of coping with anxiety. Such drugs can be highly addictive and can have very harmful side affects, and I really don't think you should be promoting them as a coping method. If it works for you and you suffer no ill effects, that's fine, that's your business and everyone is responsible for themselves, but I don't think you should actively encourage others to take drugs.

Edit: grammar errors.

Edited by Nesf