Scheduled Live-streams Read more... ×
Mr_Alex

[Sensitive] How many people in this forum find relief from their Autism using Cannabis?

Rocco

Thank you for your efforts Mr Alex! Bravo Zulu.

Gerrymanders Pose

Hello Mr_Alex,

I am an Asperger person, 48 years old who was introduced to cannabis only a few years ago after a very severe melt down. I wish i had used i years ago. It is wonderful. People need to check their thinking when demonising cannabis as a "drug" when it is used in a therapeutic way. After all if one enjoys a drink to relax how does that relate to the hopeless alcoholic living under a bridge? . cannabis isn't even addictive. It eliminates worry, ignites thinking ,totally functional unless like drinking too much you overdo it a bit then the worse that will happen is you will have a great nights sleep.

I have read a lot about medical marjuana and am seeking referal to get them prescribed to me.

And if you think i'm just a druggy waster trying to get high on the NHS then i think you have inherited a few bogus thinking patterns and you can't think for yourself because until now i haven't mentioned getting "high". I mean letting that chemical just remove the once constant angst i felt  not fitting in and knowing i'm "odd"..( that's why iv'e moved a lot in my life) 

Anyway it's good stuff and beats anything the doctors have given me and i'm getting out more. It has made all the difference.

I do not use this for recreational entertainment and i suggest you don't that it for recreational use either. After all nothing would get done. 

Mr_Alex

My suggestion is if people want medical cannabis as a recognized treatment for autistic people it's time to fight for it

Gerrymanders Pose

Surely the use of cannabis just masks the problem rather than curing it, it's as bad as being an alcoholic, I wouldn't do either no matter how bad things got.

Have you tried cannabis? It is not like being drunk. I don't think you know anything about it and yet you,"wouldn't  do either no matter how bad things got" It is a very negative statement based on what you have been told and the fact that it is illegal. 

People on the AS spectrum can get really wound up . NT type people don't have to suffer the constant frustration trying to understand why it is that a certain person would even want to hurt them. It can be very emmotional and lonely and i think that the negative statement could deter people who would find a medical ( and natural ) peace and wellbeing from using cannabis instead of  SSRIs Valium or alcohol.

Gerrymanders Pose

I was badly depressed for many years. My dependence on alcohol grew until i realised it was a problem and stopped drinking . I went to doctors who put me on SSRIs which just made things worse....several years sitting around out of work long term trying different medication and getting nowhere and i met an old friend i used to work with and he rolled up a spliff and we smoked it.

My life changed,he changed my life rolling that spliff.

I'm not going to bore you with those particular details of what a good evening we had but it was amazing.

The single biggest thing that taking cannabis has given me is self confidence....i don't mean that i have to take cannabis to feel self confident i mean that my self confidence has grow since taking it a going out more and to places i wouldn;t usually go to.

I am a melt down sufferer..the full gates of Hell stuff....but are readily solved with some self medication.

I am productive,i have friends (ish) , i am working. the doctors never gave me that.

Take whatever makes your head work.

Melanie222

A lot of people are very suspicious about using cannabis. To be honest, I'm no exception. But the latest research showed a really great result and medical cannabis turned out to be very helpful. It relieves pain and helps to conquer depression and anxiety. It has to be noted, there are countries that legalized marijuana for medicinal purposes like Canada. 

RiRi

I don't know how people can stand the smell of cannabis, it's seriously disgusting. Do people not smell that? (It's a serious question, not rhetorical). I have wondered what it's like to have cannabis but I don't think it's good for me since I'm under other medications. 

StormCrow

Our new Governor (I'm in Connecticut, USA) is encouraging the Congress to legalize cannabis, I guess that's a good sign, maybe.