specialstar

I am poorly

specialstar

The doctor doesnt know what type of virus i have. I been sick, tummy bug, hot and go cold, fatigue, achy 

Ben
It's odd when we are out of sorts, our bodes seem to know what is needs and so creates cravings and drinking litres of orange juice could suggest it craves vitamin C, but vitamin C is one of the substances known that shifts a cold.

That bug that was around a few weeks ago that everyone was complaining about, rarely I got it, but I shifted it within two days by upping my consumption of certain things I know shifts cold, namely 4g of vitamin C a day, zinc, garlic and echinacea and true to form it went quickly as I said, within two days.

Also in vitamin C is fructose a fruit sugar which also helps with shifting of bugs and of course the fluid intake also helps. But of cravings your body needs, it does pay to be aware of what it craves as it gives you a good guide to your health.

I crave sugar and I eat a lot of refined sugar, like a half a kilo a week, my GP was horrified and tested for sugar related health issues but found nothing yet the quantity of sugar I eat, it doesn't show as I am underweight, and as the result of today, lighter that what I normally am, where normally with a height of six foot tall I am 75kg, today it was 72kg, three kilo's of weight is a lot to shift, like where did it go and why as nothing is different from any other time and of the tests I have had last year, there is nothing suggestive of something developing aside from the postural hypotension getting worse with more black outs than was in the past as I have always had this.

4g of vitamin c (Ascorbic acid) Is a tad overkill. 1 or 2 grams is fine. Zinc is also essential but no more that 10mg. If you can get these two in pure compound form, then do. go to the bakers section of tesco, and get a bag of ascorbic acid, exactly what vitamin C is, pure, and alot cheaper. Bakers use it as a raising agent! Best from of Vitamin C you can get. 

Andy
4g of vitamin c (Ascorbic acid) Is a tad overkill. 1 or 2 grams is fine. Zinc is also essential but no more that 10mg. If you can get these two in pure compound form, then do. go to the bakers section of tesco, and get a bag of ascorbic acid, exactly what vitamin C is, pure, and alot cheaper. Bakers use it as a raising agent! Best from of Vitamin C you can get. 

Yes 4g is over kill, that's the idea, the maximum recommended dose per day and I use very high quality supplements, not the supermarket stuff here that is mostly bulking agents. But blasting a bug with maximum doses of stuff that I know works is what shifts colds for me and when bugs are about, I up my intake of what I know guards against bugs and I will not take any pharmaceutical when I am ill as I have always relied on certain aspects of hedge witchery, the herb craft aspect which runs in the family.

specialstar

Your right Andy, I be sick on the supermarket versions of supplements i did with superdrug i made mistake bought there own brand and throw up

Ben
Yes 4g is over kill, that's the idea, the maximum recommended dose per day and I use very high quality supplements, not the supermarket stuff here that is mostly bulking agents. But blasting a bug with maximum doses of stuff that I know works is what shifts colds for me and when bugs are about, I up my intake of what I know guards against bugs and I will not take any pharmaceutical when I am ill as I have always relied on certain aspects of hedge witchery, the herb craft aspect which runs in the family.

Are you into nootropics at all? 

iggy
I think it is the flu because i been sick, and i am aching all over. And i cannot keep my windows open for long otherwise i panic someone will get in

Do you have a room upstairs you can open a window or two just a small amount?

Sorry that you have the flu, it is rubbish. With a bit of luck it will have gone away soon!

specialstar
Do you have a room upstairs you can open a window or two just a small amount? Sorry that you have the flu, it is rubbish. With a bit of luck it will have gone away soon!

No we live in bungalow so that makes me weary... you can climb in the windows from outside i done that when locked myself out the house and had windows open. I was poorly on a saturday i was supposed to be in london february 9th but i got worse last friday

Andy
Are you into nootropics at all? 

No, aside from a high quality B complex and occasional use of niacin for the fun factor,  I eat oily fish every day in the form of the cheapest tinned sardines I can find, just fish in oil, usually olive but mostly sunflower, nothing else added. My diet generally hovers between what would be called ; Asian, Mediterranean, Scandinavian and Balkan tastes where fish features a lot as said, every day, but also durum wheat, rice, eggs, beans, legumes, seeds and pickled vegetables, wholemeal bread the same diet every day without much variation where I do not eat desserts so no refined sugar there. I also do not drink fizzy drinks and my beer, I like it warm and flat. Internally I know I am in good shape, despite my low income and non productive lifestyle. As to exercise, I dance three times a week and at home I practice dance and do Iyengar Yoga which focuses on detail and precise body alignment. I am not as fit as I could be, I know that, but what I am currently is comfortable where I am not appalled yet.

Heather

Aww I hope you get better soon.  My boyfriend has also been feeling unwell lately.  Get plenty of rest and keep drinking the fluids.  Maybe some herbal tea would help.  But a 3 hour nap also sounds like a good idea.  I know the few times I've been sick, it's much better if I can just have at least one day to lay in bed and then I'm better the next day pretty much.  I hope you get better soon.  Keep drinking plenty of fluids.  Make sure if you do drink orange juice, it's pure orange juice with no added sugars.  Oh and soup is also a good thing when you're sick. :)  I hope you get better soon!