specialstar

I am poorly

specialstar
Aww I hope you get better soon.  My boyfriend has also been feeling unwell lately.  Get plenty of rest and keep drinking the fluids.  Maybe some herbal tea would help.  But a 3 hour nap also sounds like a good idea.  I know the few times I've been sick, it's much better if I can just have at least one day to lay in bed and then I'm better the next day pretty much.  I hope you get better soon.  Keep drinking plenty of fluids.  Make sure if you do drink orange juice, it's pure orange juice with no added sugars.  Oh and soup is also a good thing when you're sick. :)  I hope you get better soon!

I do drink Pure orange juice. I havent got soups in the house, there be dairy free. I drink decaf lattes, and hot chocolate to sleep on. I drink OJ a lot. I dont drink much of my fruit powder teas. I been laying in bed for the past week and its boring and feeling trapped. I tried to eat dinner last night 'chicken and rice' but i could not keep that down. I tried my gluten free toast and marmite i couldnt keep that down either now i been feeling sick for most of the day with a tummy ache.

Ben
  Oh and soup is also a good thing when you're sick. 

If it stays down yeah, I wouldn't want to see oxtail soup again. It's bad enough the first time. 

Heather
I do drink Pure orange juice. I havent got soups in the house, there be dairy free. I drink decaf lattes, and hot chocolate to sleep on. I drink OJ a lot. I dont drink much of my fruit powder teas. I been laying in bed for the past week and its boring and feeling trapped. I tried to eat dinner last night 'chicken and rice' but i could not keep that down. I tried my gluten free toast and marmite i couldnt keep that down either now i been feeling sick for most of the day with a tummy ache.

Aww yeah... do you have anyone who could help cook up a nice vegetable soup?  Just some vegetables chopped up roughly and added to some water with some herbs and seasonings and cook it a bit.. maybe blend it up nicely (just be careful blending hot liquids and don't have your face right close to the blender when you take the lid off again because it tends to let out a lot of steam).  Otherwise I think water and pure fruit juices are a good idea.  That is lasting a long time though.. a week!  :( Keep trying to get enough rest and sleep so your body can repair itself and drink lots of water, and any additional vitamins you can get in orange juice or water is helpful.  You could even try diluting the orange juice with some water too, to help you drink more water plus you get the added vitamin C from the orange juice.  Also when you feel like eating.. fresh vegetables and fruits will help your immune system better I think.   But if you aren't keeping food down, I think the best thing is to keep resting and sleeping as much as you can.  Though I understand it would be annoying to not be able to leave the house at all.  While you rest, maybe you can learn something new, watch some videos on crocheting, it's very fun and addicting.  :P  Sorry I just hope you get better soon!

If it stays down yeah, I wouldn't want to see oxtail soup again. It's bad enough the first time. 

Yeah I don't know.. I just feel soup can be easier on the stomach.. because it's easier to digest ... and when you blend it it's like liquids so it might be easier to keep down.  But maybe it still might trigger it. 

Toran

Its awful when you feel that bad and keeping things down is difficult but we can manage a few days only taking liquids. Its important to get plenty of rest and listen to what your body is telling you not do what you would like to do thats why so many people are so ill for so long they dont give their bodys time to rest and recover life is always so fast.

Heather
Its awful when you feel that bad and keeping things down is difficult but we can manage a few days only taking liquids. Its important to get plenty of rest and listen to what your body is telling you not do what you would like to do thats why so many people are so ill for so long they dont give their bodys time to rest and recover life is always so fast.

Sounds like good advice.. listen to your body and give yourself the time to relax.  Don't worry if you don't get better as quick as you'd like.. because stress and anxiety can do way more harm than good.  But I know people with AS and autism are more prone to anxiety. 

mary

Aww no, I hope you start to feel better soon.

I agree, trying a light soup with veg.  That might be quite nice, and not so hard to stomach.

Toran
Sounds like good advice.. listen to your body and give yourself the time to relax.  Don't worry if you don't get better as quick as you'd like.. because stress and anxiety can do way more harm than good.  But I know people with AS and autism are more prone to anxiety. 

Thats true its a struggle to cope with the stress and anxiety that the condition causes. Im glad in a way that I have an explanation for it now for years it was so hard wondering why I suffered with it for no apparent reason.

specialstar
Aww yeah... do you have anyone who could help cook up a nice vegetable soup?  Just some vegetables chopped up roughly and added to some water with some herbs and seasonings and cook it a bit.. maybe blend it up nicely (just be careful blending hot liquids and don't have your face right close to the blender when you take the lid off again because it tends to let out a lot of steam).  Otherwise I think water and pure fruit juices are a good idea.  That is lasting a long time though.. a week!  :( Keep trying to get enough rest and sleep so your body can repair itself and drink lots of water, and any additional vitamins you can get in orange juice or water is helpful.  You could even try diluting the orange juice with some water too, to help you drink more water plus you get the added vitamin C from the orange juice.  Also when you feel like eating.. fresh vegetables and fruits will help your immune system better I think.   But if you aren't keeping food down, I think the best thing is to keep resting and sleeping as much as you can.  Though I understand it would be annoying to not be able to leave the house at all.  While you rest, maybe you can learn something new, watch some videos on crocheting, it's very fun and addicting.  :P  Sorry I just hope you get better soon!

Yeah I don't know.. I just feel soup can be easier on the stomach.. because it's easier to digest ... and when you blend it it's like liquids so it might be easier to keep down.  But maybe it still might trigger it. 

I have made my own before I have a blender but I am short on money and fussy on certain vegetables. I'm giving gammon peas and cabbage a try. Yes orange juice was told same never tried that before I give it a try.

Toran
I have made my own before I have a blender but I am short on money and fussy on certain vegetables. I'm giving gammon peas and cabbage a try. Yes orange juice was told same never tried that before I give it a try.

I make my own soup its so much better than bought soup its fresh taster and theres no additives just fresh vegetables especially getting them from a farm shop.

specialstar
I make my own soup its so much better than bought soup its fresh taster and theres no additives just fresh vegetables especially getting them from a farm shop.

I have made butternut squash, tomatoes and carrot soup but like said im skint on money this week