Guest Chris

What do you do?

Guest Chris

To those aspies out there that have entered the working world... what do you do?

I work as a web developer for a wholesaler, it's my first full-time job and I've been in the role for coming up to 2 years.

Mark

Right now I am a flea-market vender. I am going to college to be a special education: English teacher in secondary schools.

StormCrow

I acutally started working when I was 14 as a blacksmith at old Sturidge Village, then went on to other jobs, with my latest job of Civil Engineering wich also had Architectual stuff too.

Then I was Laid off with this American Depression.

Right now I paint houses , while going to collage for Environmental Engineering (also doing three certificate in "Green" energy/management).

Benny333

I recently worked as a trainee IT tech (after the two year contract did not get recontracted). I have also been working casually at K-mart as mainly a cashier. On top of that I seasonally work as a drink waiter with our local council. I haven't been getting many hours lately at K-Mart but I might have a job at a supermarket soon.

Arthur

I currently work in Room service  at 5* hotel in Paris

I was in a alternation to get my Certificate of Qualification to be able to work in a hotel. 

I am recognized as mentally handicap by the State, but able to work in normal work environment and not protected work space.

i get a regular salary and an allocation by the state for people recognized as handicapped.

ALC

I'm currently a full time Uni student. Also, I work about 12hrs a week as a CTM at the Co-operative Food and, I work 2hrs a week as a cleaner.

Stressmonster

Currently a practitioneer working 30% with people who have special needs in form of autism/mental disorders to a degree that makes them need 24 hour care. Been doing so for 2 months but am gonna find something else to do. I found out that i'm hardly fit trying to motivate people into doing stuff i can't even motivate myself to do. (ie chores, cleaning etc.)

Willow
Currently a practitioneer working 30% with people who have special needs in form of autism/mental disorders to a degree that makes them need 24 hour care. Been doing so for 2 months but am gonna find something else to do. I found out that i'm hardly fit trying to motivate people into doing stuff i can't even motivate myself to do. (ie chores, cleaning etc.)

Aww, it's nice that you tried out doing such a selfless job - but I agree it would be hard to do; I also have motivation issues.

Jeff

I work as a stocker for a hardware store but plan to go for an undergrad in IT-help desk

Khasper

I am a desktop engineer. I make sure things work well together and also what should go where to work better.

If someone can't solve something I'm usually the one who can find out what is going on.