Guest Chris

What do you do?

Tylermc

I work at a restaurant as a pep cook and as a dishwasher

Tylermc

I work at a restaurant as a prep cook and a dishwasher

Miss Chief

My first job was as a Bar Maid/Waitress when I was 13! When I was 17 I started working for an ISP in Tech Support and most recently I was a Unix Server Admin, but I have been out of work for a few years now as my depression has taken a big turn for the worse and I am keen to get it under control before I go back, I don't want to have lots of absences/blank spots on my CV, I would rather have a longer period out and then no more empty slots.

aspiesw

My Recruitment Event for the PCV Trainee (Bus) Driver position is next Wednesday. I'm quite looking forward to it, I have to take tests on Driving Theory, Literacy & Numeracy. I can see career options opening everywhere. There's a contract for more hours going at the place I work, which I'm gonna go for, and I've got emails from web designer jobs asking for my portfolio website address. I still don't know what to do with my future, but I have plenty of options, I'm gonna go and see a careers advisor on Wednesday and weigh up my options

Nesf

My Recruitment Event for the PCV Trainee (Bus) Driver position is next Wednesday. I'm quite looking forward to it, I have to take tests on Driving Theory, Literacy & Numeracy. I can see career options opening everywhere. There's a contract for more hours going at the place I work, which I'm gonna go for, and I've got emails from web designer jobs asking for my portfolio website address. I still don't know what to do with my future, but I have plenty of options, I'm gonna go and see a careers advisor on Wednesday and weigh up my options

Things are really looking up for you :) Good luck with the recruitment event!

aspiesw

Things are really looking up for you :) Good luck with the recruitment event!

Thank you :). I'll be sure to let you know how it goes. I think it's a career I'd enjoy, and it'll get me into a routine, only disadvantage is, if I was to pursue a career in web design, I'd have to stick to the job for at least 2 years, or I'd have to pay back the training fees

Edited by aspiesw

Ben

Did you apply for that First Capital Connect job in the end? 

Nedarb

I am going into my last year in a multimedia program at college. I have given my future career a lot of thought; I'd like to transfer to university and get my degree too, volunteer at the animal shelter (if I can just find the bloody place!), learn more animation techniques and get a internship/job in tv/radio broadcasting, maybe start a design business with my sister, etc. 

Theres lots more that I've thought about but this is what I'll say for now

aspiesw

Did you apply for that First Capital Connect job in the end?

They said they had enough applicants so I couldn't apply for it. I've been looking on London Midland (local train operating company) for the past month and nada

Pharaoh_G

I am a MFA graduate as of March, and for income I wash dishes at a golf club restuarant 5-20 hours a week. I'm also a freelance writer and event photographer. I used to co-own a non-profit organization called Abilities of the Arts