Guest Chris

What do you do?

blacktiger911

Some of you know this but some don't I go to a trade school called Job Corps. It is a career training place. I am currently learning the carpentry trade. On the center there is also education where you can get a high school diploma and/or a GED. I have my high school so I don't go to education, but you also live on center in dorms. This is really hard because I live with 34 other people.

In my trade I learn carpentry stuff (to put unprofessionally) like yesterday I was 16 feet in the air on scaffolding replacing and putting light bulbs, I am also toolroom leader which means practically every tool in the shop we use and all the places we keep them in are my responsibility to take care of and keep in good condition and all material we use (wood,nails,screws,ext...)

So that's what I currently do......"whew that was a mouth full"

Rocco

I went to a vocational high school and learned to be an electrician. Good luck with carpentry.

Eden

I do computer aided design for architects, interior designers and I do some graphic design work, as well. Since age of 19, I have been a swim instructor (throughout the Summer months), and approximately 6 years, ago, I began teaching swimming to children and adults on the spectrum. I had a therapist who thought I'd be a good candidate for this, and, interestingly, I had no knowledge of the fact that I was on the spectrum, myself, at that time...although I always knew I was different...My ability to better identify with autistic people, than non-autistic has always been somewhat apparent to me.

aspiesw

Still working in retail, I'm very grateful for my job, but I know now that retail really isn't for me, but also doing some freelance web design, hoping for an interview or internship in Web Design to come up, I'm pretty confident that it will

Tylermc

I'm a prep cook and a dishwasher

imleih

i'm still in high school. i was a cashier at a small grocery store until i was forced to quit because of my mental health, plus i hated it there. but i'm going to be a doctor of philosophy in clinical psychology at some point.

ryanhendry94

Thought I'd add a post to this thread.

I've decided to start my own business! 

It's creating websites for small businesses and individuals, aiming to provide a more affordable service compared to the big name designers and companies, and target the smaller people, who don't have the resources to build a huge website with a million different features on it, I focus on a simple, stylish and easy to use type sites! 

aspiesw

I'm feeling really on edge at work, I'm overhearing conversations with my name in them, and it's making me really self-conscious, I feel like something bad's gonna happen really soon and it's gonna hit me really hard

No Longer Here

I am due to retire from my current full-time job in a years time. From then on I will be self employed as a musician and guitar tech for touring musicians.

Khasper

Tomorrow I start my new temp job. I'm waiting to hear back from one company and another called and said they needed someone ASAP but it was less than I was making previous but said ok as long as they know I'm waiting on this other job and if they call I'll be gone. It is only for a month or two and doing a specific task so should be good.