Guest Chris

What do you do?

Aspergolfer

I work at Bardstown Country Club.  I've been there 9 years, and have been Cart Boss for two years. 

fairytattgirl

Im the real life female Greg House or Sherlock holmes. I do background screening for people looking for employment. In fact there are alot of parallels between me and House when it comes to work. Im in a supervisor role and I know I can be too blunt with people and tend to see my candidates as subjects rather than people. Part of my job was customer service. I hated it with a vegence just like House hated clinic duty. Id love to watch reruns where he avoids clinic duty as it is just like me

Nesf
17 minutes ago, fairytattgirl said:

Im the real life female Greg House or Sherlock holmes. I do background screening for people looking for employment. In fact there are alot of parallels between me and House when it comes to work. Im in a supervisor role and I know I can be too blunt with people and tend to see my candidates as subjects rather than people. Part of my job was customer service. I hated it with a vegence just like House hated clinic duty. Id love to watch reruns where he avoids clinic duty as it is just like me

That's a bit like me working at a language school and liking to teach grammar (or at least find it not too bad), but hating speaking activities and want to avoid them and skip past them. Problem was, one of the reasons they hired me was to do speaking activities :unsure:

Aeolienne
On 2/27/2015 at 3:18 PM, Aeolienne said:

Depends what you mean by having entered the working world. I have held down paid jobs in the past, but I'm not in employment at the moment and don't know if/when I next will be. I still get asked what I do even after I've told people I'm unemployed. Evidently I'm meant to identify with a profession even when I'm not working. All I can relate is what I've done in the past: 7 years in the scientific civil service, 5 months with an environmental consultancy, 4 months with a smart-metering dotcom, 2 months with an oil company and 6 months with an investment bank. Make of that what you will.

Add to that 1 week with a home insulation provider and 1 year with the UK's electricity transmission operator. Currently I have a job offer for a Junior Developer role in a civil service department to start next Monday but I'm also being interviewed for a role with a private-sector energy supplier tomorrow.

Laurie

I work as a patient access rep for a medical clinic. I help schedule appointments, check in patients and verify insurance. 

Aeolienne
On 10/24/2017 at 10:40 PM, Aeolienne said:

Currently I have a job offer for a Junior Developer role in a civil service department to start next Monday but I'm also being interviewed for a role with a private-sector energy supplier tomorrow.

I didn't get the private-sector energy supplier job. Pity, seeing as it was more in line with my environmental interests (and better paid too). What was especially galling is that when I told my mum about this interview all she said was "Oh, I would have thought education [the civil service job being in that government department] would be far more interesting than energy". Does she not know me? Whereas I didn't manage to tell my dad about the interview at all, as when I spoke to him the conversation ended up being all about my latest need for a cash transfer, as most of our conversations are due to my ineligibility for benefits (long story).

Edited by Aeolienne