Guest Chris

What do you do?

Ben

You're a braver man than I am working in retail. - I worked in a shoe shop several years ago and lasted six hours. 

BU9 Nano

I am a Journeyman Inside Wireman Electrician. I have been doing this for the last 16 years and it is challenging and very fun on the best days. On bad days it sucks like any job can. 

Xmas

You're a braver man than I am working in retail. - I worked in a shoe shop several years ago and lasted six hours. 

Oh I hope you didn't get the boot!

Oh dear sorry Ben I shouldn't tease, now the shoe is on the other foot :blush: oops sorry now I've put my foot in it again, I'd better tread carefully from now on - maybe I should have put that comment in the bad joke thread. ;)

BU9 Nano

Oh dear sorry Ben I shouldn't tease, now the shoe is on the other foot :blush: oops sorry now I've put my foot in it again, I'd better tread carefully from now on - maybe I should have put that comment in the bad joke thread. ;)

:D I understand Ben's aversion to retail I doubt that I would have been a good fit in it either. OTOH I did manage the squadron coffee mess for 3 months and my accounts were always on the money. But I knew those people I sold to were who I would be working the flightline with later.

ASDCommunity

I work in sales and customer retention. It is a challenge but pays well.

Edited by ASDCommunity

BU9 Nano

That would not have been my guess from just meeting you if I had not known before hand.

Ben

I didn't think it was possible to have too many punch lines... 

I was wrong clearly. 

aspiesw

I work in retail :), I'm looking to get a job in Web Design as soon as I finish Uni

Toran

That's something that needs to be balanced isn't it. It's good to be able to work and achieve the challenges.

My support worker says you can make the condition worse by trying to do what clearly your unable to do and this could effect depression anxiety and behaviour so she is balancing these factors in how she is assisting me.

Do you find having a challenging job effects your moods and do you find the challenges causes you depression or anxiety in keeping up with NTs who don't have the limitations Aspergers patients have?

Xmas

I didn't think it was possible to have too many punch lines... 

I was wrong clearly. 

I will take that as a compliment from The Master. (oh, sounds like a character out of Dr Who) :P