brookeloveslotr

child like qualities in autistic adults

DominikaCupcake

I think that the biggest difference between me and most adults is that most of them tend to focus and social and what they mean "serious things" like watching news, working, going out and meeting people, discussing political issues etc.

I am the opposite. I prefer to read a book, watch a movie, be creative, make music, write, play at the playground and think about the existence and the world in a way that most people don't. Often i ask myself questions that other say are just a waste of time and it's useless. I think that it's because most people are so busy with their outside lives that they don't have a time to slow down and reflect while i am focusing more on my inside life. I rather prefer to analyze a poem which isn't going to make me money, but that's just what i like to do.

Edited by DominikaCupcake

brookeloveslotr

I think that the biggest difference between me and most adults is that most of them tend to focus and social and what they mean "serious things" like watching news, working, going out and meeting people, discussing political issues etc.

I am the opposite. I prefer to read a book, watch a movie, be creative, make music, write, play at the playground and think about the existence and the world in a way that most people don't. Often i ask myself questions that other say are just a waste of time and it's useless. I think that it's because most people are so busy with their outside lives that they don't have a time to slow down and reflect while i am focusing more on my inside life. I rather prefer to analyze a poem which isn't going to make me money, but that's just what i like to do.

I agree Dominika.

Whoknows

My mom calls me inmature. LoL! :D

Dingo

I guess I might have been clean shaven at the time, because about two years ago was I carded (needed ID) in order to buy Gears of War: Judgement, which unfortunately turned out to be a waste of $60.  But still, I was carded in my late 20's.

King_oni

I guess I might have been clean shaven at the time, because about two years ago was I carded (needed ID) in order to buy Gears of War: Judgement, which unfortunately turned out to be a waste of $60.  But still, I was carded in my late 20's.

Heh... reminds me of my aspie friend. We both went out to a club and he just had a clean shave. He got carded and ended up with a bracelet so he could get liquor at the bar. He was 24 at the time and 18 is drinking age here. I followed him up though while entering, while looking at the bouncer "you want my card as well?" which actually got a chuckle out of him. Not sure if he just assumed I was 18+, I made a joke or if he just thought I looked really old, lol

Dingo

Heh... reminds me of my aspie friend. We both went out to a club and he just had a clean shave. He got carded and ended up with a bracelet so he could get liquor at the bar. He was 24 at the time and 18 is drinking age here. I followed him up though while entering, while looking at the bouncer "you want my card as well?" which actually got a chuckle out of him. Not sure if he just assumed I was 18+, I made a joke or if he just thought I looked really old, lol

I knew a guy in high school who started going to bars at 15 (drinking age is 19) and was never, or rarely, carded.  He was really tall, probably 6'6" or so and his skin wasn't all that youthful looking.  So it was good for him then, but now he probably looks mid-forties or so.

My dad is in his 60's now and looks like late 40's.  My brother is quite baby-faced and got carded a lot at the liquor store, but he's a career man, so now the grey hair is taking over and he's only mid-30's.  Poor guy.

I stay clear of the sun as much as I can, so that helps too as too much sun seems to really age people.  I just hate the feel of it.  My torso is so white it makes snow look like burnt toast.

King_oni

I stay clear of the sun as much as I can, so that helps too as too much sun seems to really age people.  I just hate the feel of it.  My torso is so white it makes snow look like burnt toast.

Same here... I guess I have a bit of color, but in general I pale in comparison to some others (pun intended).

Talking about aging and sun. I've realized that wearing shades keeps something at bay that often adds up looking "older". Crows feet... or wrinkles at the corners of your eyes. Because I don't squint as much, I don't tend to develop these as much as others. Makes the skin around my eyes look relatively smooth actually.

brookeloveslotr

I guess some people don't lose their baby-fat on their faces until much later in life, others lose it sooner. My cousin lost hers when she was about 14. I'm 20 and some people think I'm 14 or 15.

PandaPrincess

I am 21 and there are people who still ask me what grade I am in. 

brookeloveslotr

I am 21 and there are people who still ask me what grade I am in.

Yes, same with me.