Eden

Smartphone Photography

Asgardian

Just testing something...

post-6752-0-39690900-1450475881_thumb.pn

This has been posted portrait rather than landscape.

@Andy R, out of interest did you post your picture from a computer or phone/tablet?

Edited by Phil

RiRi

No it doesn't unfortunately. It seems that the forum only accepts landscapes and turns portraits. Hopefully Willow will see this and rectify it in settings somewhere

Can you do me a favour and report this post so she can see it? Thanks

Sorry Andy R, I didn't notice that you had earlier edited your post. I can really suck at multitasking. :P I don't usually report, but I could do so for you. There are certain problems that some computers/devices might have. A while ago, Alex was having problems with his signature, not changing color, size, etc (I assume) and only remaining gray. I noticed that I had the same problem, but it was only when using my phone. However, I believe Alex was using his computer so I'm not sure what the issue might be. I will look for the thread because Chris did mention something which I can't recall at the moment. When I report it, what would you like me to say to Willow? :)

Oh yeah, I think I now remember. I think Chris said that there might be issues and that they might be resolved with the update. And Willow has mentioned the update will be happening soon, so maybe we should wait until the update happens? What do you think? :)

Edited by Makelets

No Longer Here

Just testing something...

Random7.png

This has been posted portrait rather than landscape.

@Andy R, out of interest did you post your picture from a computer or phone/tablet?

From my smartphone. Samsung Galaxy S6

RiRi

Andy R, I have just reported your post to Willow. :) I hope I explained myself well.

Asgardian

From my smartphone. Samsung Galaxy S6

That might explain it. I have tried posting pictures from a tablet before and it was landscape when the photo was portrait.

Can you transfer the photo to a computer or laptop? From there you should be able to post it the right way round, or use photo editing software to rotate it if necessary. A program pre-installed on the computer should be enough. In theory posting it from a computer should be enough for it to correct itself.

I hope this helps.

No Longer Here

That might explain it. I have tried posting pictures from a tablet before and it was landscape when the photo was portrait.

Can you transfer the photo to a computer or laptop? From there you should be able to post it the right way round, or use photo editing software to rotate it if necessary. A program pre-installed on the computer should be enough. In theory posting it from a computer should be enough for it to correct itself.

I hope this helps.

I can do when I'm home. I was in Liverpool yesterday and overnight. Now in Oxford. Will get home in the early hours

Asgardian

I can do when I'm home. I was in Liverpool yesterday and overnight. Now in Oxford. Will get home in the early hours

When you get a chance you should try that. I don't want to promise anything, but hopefully on a computer you could post it the right way round.

No Longer Here

This should be in landscape. My friend h from Marillion soundchecking earlier

post-5997-0-24908700-1450556456_thumb.jp

Edited by Andy R

Asgardian

This should be in landscape;

It is   :)

Edited by Phil

No Longer Here

I'm really impressed by the camera on the Galaxy S6. Took this tonight in very low light conditions. My friend took one on her iPhone of the same view and hers was too dark to see any detail

post-5997-0-19341400-1450570577_thumb.jp