Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Andy

Recommend a web browser for Mac !

Andy

It's done it again Google Chrome has frozen up and I have important information I cannot lose which I will if I respond to their;

AW SNAP - kill pages or wait as the page has become unresponsive.

This is happening more and more often despite what online advice I do to try and stop it and so it has come to the point I have had enough of Google Chrome, I cannot deal with this level of erratic unpredicatbility, it does not make for a pleasant web experience at all.

But what else gives the functionality of Chrome but isn't Google, any recommendations for a Mac operating system ?

mary

I use Firefox... quite like that.  It works pretty well and I don't seem to have too many problems with it.  Don't know if it's any better or worse than Chrome though.

Willow

I have Chrome, Opera and Firefox. I prefer Opera to Firefox but Chrome is my favourite. If I was having issues I'd switch to Opera as my main. Not sure what functionality you're after but I think it does quite a bit.

Andy
I have Chrome, Opera and Firefox. I prefer Opera to Firefox but Chrome is my favourite. If I was having issues I'd switch to Opera as my main. Not sure what functionality you're after but I think it does quite a bit.

Stability basically, te knowledge that it wasn't going to freeze up willy nilly as it does, becasue I have never exerienced any other browser do that ever, only Chrome, but lookinhg online there is not a solution for this problem yet and it has been reported since 2011 where it is possible it is  a flash incompatibility with Google's programming, but I have had enough of it, it's too erratic and untrustworthy, so time to migrate off to something more stable.

I closed Chrome eventually after finding out how to do a screen shot on the mac, so I didn't lose my information, all 730 words of it which has taken me a few hours to construct. And yes I know I should have saved to Word, but I forgot and so reaped the reward, an unstable browser.

Goodbye Google, you were good at one time but now your attitude plainly sucks.

Andy
Safari for apple

Safari is too limited hence why I don't use it, as being ex pc I am used to more usability where Safari is antiquated in it's operation

For example, I can type a question into the address bar on Chrome and get results, where I do the same on Safari it plain fails to open pages with such reports as can't find the server.

I seek something chrome or firefox like that is stable, light weight and works on Mac.

Oh and running firefox alongside chrome, the same questions, firefox flies and chrome is slow in comparison and to think I quit firefox after years of use because it had become too top heavy for it was crashing also.

The best browser I ever used was Avant, but Avant is not available for Mac

And I am not going to run parallels on the Mac just to get useful web usability

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.