aspiesw

Best and Worst Jobs for people with Asperger's Syndrome?

the strangest man

Anyone here got any experience of working in research as an Aspie?

I've been in a large multi discipline lab for the past decade, and I spent a good bit of the previous two decades in some form of r&d. It's not as stimulating as you might think. The number of social career ladder climbers is almost uncomfortable, and civil service bureaucracy is smothering. A lot of people join to do science but find it's not quite theere thing or to make a decent salary have to move into management. If you do find yourself in a good team though it can be very stimulating, and we've also had a fair few real eccentrics in the past.

Xenolith

I've been in a large multi discipline lab for the past decade, and I spent a good bit of the previous two decades in some form of r&d. It's not as stimulating as you might think. The number of social career ladder climbers is almost uncomfortable, and civil service bureaucracy is smothering. A lot of people join to do science but find it's not quite theere thing or to make a decent salary have to move into management. If you do find yourself in a good team though it can be very stimulating, and we've also had a fair few real eccentrics in the past.

Do you have any experience with Geologists?

the strangest man

Do you have any experience with Geologists?

I haven't bumped into any, but it's not impossible that we have some.