PandaPrincess

Is it okay to facebook message a guy I don't know very well but have a crush on?

PandaPrincess

See, now I am confused because everybody has given me good advice just now, but I don't know whose advice I should follow.  Hmm, you know what I think, I think it would be a great idea to stay off of facebook for a while!

Lukeage

Ahh the joys of having a crush!

My experience in the past has been that I've found it easier to talk to people in person when I've talked to them online or via text etc first! That seems a bit weird, I know, or say maybe I met them in person first, and then made a Facebook friendship then I would find it easier to talk to them in person after. Does that make sense?

That may just be me - but that's why I'd say go for broke and just send the message regardless of whether he's on or offline, even if it's just a "Hi how are you?" 

What have you got to lose? He might not turn out to be 'the one' but how many millions of guys exist in the world?

Good luck! 

RiRi

Did you ever get to know this guy more? Whether online of in person, PandaPrincess?

My advice would have been to send him a message that would more than not require him to answer (such as a message with a question), whether he was online or not. Although waiting for him to be online would be a smart move since you could end up talking more and maybe you'd see if he would answer or not. He already knew you liked him, which I think would make things less embarrassing.

Off topic, but I've noticed this thread is one of the most viewed threads and I wasn't wrong. At least on this Friend/Relationship Advice forum, it's one of the most viewed.

PandaPrincess

Did you ever get to know this guy more? Whether online of in person, PandaPrincess?

My advice would have been to send him a message that would more than not require him to answer (such as a message with a question), whether he was online or not. Although waiting for him to be online would be a smart move since you could end up talking more and maybe you'd see if he would answer or not. He already knew you liked him, which I think would make things less embarrassing.

Off topic, but I've noticed this thread is one of the most viewed threads and I wasn't wrong. At least on this Friend/Relationship Advice forum, it's one of the most viewed.

No.  He graduated from college last year, and he got a girlfriend too, so there's really no point.  I like someone else now, but I don't think anything will ever happen with that person either.  I'm mostly focused on graduating from college now and getting a job.  That's really all that I'm worried about right now.  

nasrin rezaei

I have a crush on a Guy at work, I asked him if he wants to be my friend on Facebook. he accepted my invitation . I started looking at his timeline and some of his posts. some of them were kind of inappropriate. I told him in person as a concerned friend that he needs to be careful about posting the animations like naked women. he was ok with it. I started sharing my posts and I never got any comment and reaction about them and I knew he is on Facebook. I started send him massages about his day at work or sent him the videos of pool games, because he likes to play pool. he responded to massages some immediately and some took longer. until some day I noticed a picture of him with one of the girls that he befriended on Facebook on his timeline. after that he did not respond to my massages. I found out that my being friend with him is going nowhere, He was not interested in me in any way.  I unfriended him and explained why I did, but I think I read too much in it when he did not have any reaction to my posts or either my interests. I expressed my feeling toward him private massage and I told me that I am sorry for being needy for his reaction. he did not respond and even when I asked him to befriend me. he ignored my request. I feel so fool that I lost a friendship because my unrealistic expectations.

My question is how to fix this issue and make him to like me as he did initially, I am still hoping that this friendship could go further, If I did not show any obsession toward him and How if face him at work.

Thank you for honest answers 

PandaPrincess

@nasrin rezaei Honestly, I think the best thing to do is to move on from this guy and just talk to and be friends with other people to get over this obsession.  I have a lot of experience having obsessions with crushes, and they never end well.  I usually end up doing a bunch of crazy things to get them to notice me, and it never works, and I get increasingly more and more uncomfortable around them, so I can barely even talk to them.  It really sucks, but it's best to move on from it.

HP_Wuvcraft
On 6/8/2014 at 7:43 PM, PandaPrincess said:

See, now I am confused because everybody has given me good advice just now, but I don't know whose advice I should follow.  Hmm, you know what I think, I think it would be a great idea to stay off of facebook for a while!

My advice is don't follow anyone's advice as if it is an instruction manual. Take their opinions into account and do what you feel is best on deduction of said advice.

RiRi

@nasrin rezaei Yes, I agree that it's best to move on in this kind of situation. If the dude doesn't want you in their life, then it's really not worth your time.