Spiderman0_2

Portrayal of Aspergers on TV/Film

Andy

If one cannot laugh at themselves what can you laugh at.

Stereotypical behaviour is common to every diverse group and every diverse group comes in for a ribbing from time to time, there is no harm in it it's just fun and really wouldn't life be so much more relaxed if we could just step outside of ourselves and have a laugh.

mary

Stereotypical behaviour is common to every diverse group and every diverse group comes in for a ribbing from time to time, there is no harm in it it's just fun and really wouldn't life be so much more relaxed if we could just step outside of ourselves and have a laugh.

I actually found that rather amusing, but found the way they said Aspergers verrrrry irritating!! :)

I agree with you completely, if we can't laugh at ourselves what's the point?  Life would be pretty boring without some sort of humour in it!

Dreammwavves

First, I apologize for my c-rude attempt at a joke...

That said, I'm not sure I completely agree with you - there may exist a cutaneous friction among varying groups; however, pointing it out in any emotionally provoking context can be negating to assimilation or sociable nascent, evolving and understanding another group. 

I point out that the poster above me found a quality about the video /irritating/ - a provoked response from a purposeful construct of humor. Something that is irritating can lead to anger and anger to violence, and since when has violence really /solved/ anything? I'm not saying that this person is at all angry or really upset, just that it's an example of a product of non-perfect, coincident empathy. 

This aspect of social entropy may not be completely unavoidable but if it can be reduced, it should be /in order/ to be conducive to personal-interpersonal growth.

Andy

When presented with the questionable we have two options, we can react or we can step back where one can ask themselves which is the path of least resistance, what is better the good of the one or the good of the many, democracy, that thing we uphold in the western world favours the many and so, I can step back from what offends me which isn't much these days because I have learned to chill out and not let so much bother me.

thelastrequiem

There's a kid in the TV series called Parenthood who has AS.

When he was diagnosed, his parents seemed like they were freaking out, as if it was some kind of disease or something!

And then there's that episode of Dino Squad... if I can find the video of it on YouTube, I'll post a link to it.

Ben

When you've been diagnosed as long as I have, you really don't care. You get to a point when you forget you even have.... What's that thing called again?

See what I mean.

I spend most of my day thinking about Beef to be honest. Mmmmm... Beef.......... 

Sofi
When you've been diagnosed as long as I have, you really don't care. You get to a point when you forget you even have.... What's that thing called again?

See what I mean.

I spend most of my day thinking about Beef to be honest. Mmmmm... Beef.......... 

What age were you diagnosed again? I was 4. 

I sometimes forget too because it is so much just a part of me and I only know me as this!!! But, I definitely feel affected by my autism every day.

I definitely do not think about beef... I think about milk a lot though.... 

Ben

I was 5. 

*Back to Beef* 

But now you mention it.... 

023-custom.jpg?w=529

Sofi

Did you take that photo yourself, like is that your actual milk?! I don't think I have seen that actual brand in shops here.... Maybe. I have had a lot of milk this evening... 

Oh, so you were young too. It seems like a lot of others, on here, were diagnosed as teenagers or adults. You do get used to it, or forget about it even.