Spiderman0_2

Portrayal of Aspergers on TV/Film

Nesf
That Asperger's High is funny!

Do you mean the YouTube trailer for a series? Is this for real?? I've seen it, but I'm not sure whether it it's real or just a joke!

Bruce

The video somebody posted, dunno if it'll be a real series or not.

Ben
Did you take that photo yourself, like is that your actual milk?! I don't think I have seen that actual brand in shops here.... Maybe. I have had a lot of milk this evening... 

Oh, so you were young too. It seems like a lot of others, on here, were diagnosed as teenagers or adults. You do get used to it, or forget about it even. 

I wish it was mine! I drink that brand though. 

I just kind of grew into it, and then ultimately forgot about it. It didn't have much significance in my life after 2002 onwards. I don't let it overcome me. I just started posting on ASD uk to give others a nudge in the right direction. 

Megsmum
Oh of course - Martin Ellingham! I love his character. Brilliant show as well. I think he is a good portrayal. He muddles through with people :)

We love this show in our house, we have been on holiday to Port Isaac where it is filmed many times, once they were filming while we were there! I agree, he is a good portrayal.

Does anybody else watch the US comedy programme The Middle? I'm not sure if it has ever been said that the youngest son Brick has AS but he does show the traits. I haven't watched it that closely but I sometimes watch it when my girls put it on.

Emcee

The one thing these characters seem to have in common is they are all undiagnosed. I guess it would spoil things if they knew, although it would make for an interesting conclusion (and a final episode) if they did find out - probably only interesting for us though!

I'm surprised no-one has mentioned 'The Bridge', it's set in Sweden/Denmark (the bridge is the link between the two) so is subtitled but is absolutely fabulous.

I had it recommended to me and didn't think I'd like it, but once I got into it bought the second series on DVD straight away. I think S3 is due on Scandinavian TV next year, but sadly I don't think one of the main and enjoyable characters is in it (much).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Bridge_%28Danish/Swedish_TV_series%29

However the main point of my post is to recommend you a film which is at the cinema at the moment:  'The Imitation Game' and the leading role is played by Benedict Cumberbatch who was the latest Sherlock Holmes.

I won't say anymore apart from go and watch it, it's very good  :)

mysti

I saw The Imitation Game yesterday & thought it was very good, I'd definitely recommend it.

(deleted)

The one thing these characters seem to have in common is they are all undiagnosed.

I don't think that the characters are undiagnosed; it seems that the best media portrayls of Asperger's Syndrome are unintentional.

Edited by invisible

No Longer Here

Just started watching 'The IT Crowd' on Tivo. Moss is definitely Aspie. They've written it quite well, bearing in mind it is comedy

Tylermc

The bridge is a really great show there's one tv movie called fly away the actress did a really great job it's was also a really good TV movie I really enjoyed this topic

vcq14

The entire group of "geniuses" on Scorpion:

BBC Sherlock.

Edited by vcq14