Spiderman0_2

Portrayal of Aspergers on TV/Film

Emcee

The entire group of "geniuses" on Scorpion:

BBC Sherlock.

The first clip isn't available.

The second one was interesting though!

furoshiki

The Bridge is wonderful, the main character has AS, but it's used in any way to very cleverly enhance

the film, rather than to just provide a character with idiosyncrasies. The way she behaves and the reaction of others comes across is realistic.

Another excellent film is Malcolm, an Australian film where Malcolm is pretty obviously AS in a 

world before AS was publicly recognised.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Malcolm_(film)

Asgardian

Oh of course - Martin Ellingham! I love his character. Brilliant show as well. I think he is a good portrayal. He muddles through with people :)

I love that show. He speaks to people the way I sometimes wish I could, but I'm not brave enough  :lol: .

He is seriously lacking in empathy  :lol: .

No Longer Here

Has anyone see Howard in 'Fresh Meat'? I've been down a little with flu so have watched the first 3 series while I recovered. It's really funny and Howard is the most accurate Aspie portrayal I've seen.

TheWizardofCalculus

Jeremiah Sacani from Royal Pains.  He's a really good example of mild ASD, imo.

Choco Otter

What about the portrayal of Max in 'Mary and Max'? His case I think is a bit severe, but I can see a bit of myself in him.

Emcee

What about the portrayal of Max in 'Mary and Max'? His case I think is a bit severe, but I can see a bit of myself in him.

I watched this for the first time the other day; dark, sad and poignant, but very good.

Choco Otter

I watched this for the first time the other day; dark, sad and poignant, but very good.

I really like it! I have a liking for stop motion animation, and the soundtrack is great!

Aeolienne

Surely narcissism is an entirely separate condition to Asperger's?

No Longer Here

I just watched Salmon Fishing in the Yemen and the lead male character, Dr Alfred Jones (played by Ewan McGregor) is stated to be Asperger in the script