Toran

What needs to be done to help the disabled into work

Toran

Theres so much talk about getting disabled people into work but what do you think needs to be done to help you and others instead of a lot of useless talk that doesnt seem to be going anywhere.

Sofi

To be honest, I think anything I have to say on this is useless because I don't have very much information on it. I can only talk for me personally and before I am able to go outside and get any regular job that is out there, I would need to improve on a lot of issues I face from my autism, such as the anxiety. I don't know if/when I will able to improve on these things. 

I know a better option for me working would be something from home so it eliminates most of the issues I face from going out on my own and having a sense of danger. If there were more options like this available to me, it might be possible. If there was some sort of working from home system or training from home. I am also not sure what actual skills for work I have, except I can type and I'm good at doing repetitive tasks on a computer. 

Willow

I agree with the working from home. I think that funding to help start your own business, as a disabled person, would be the best thing. No, not everyone has an idea, but they could implement something whereby if someone doesn't have an idea, but they have a skill which they can use from home, they would be able to help you find someone who would employ you - maybe even one of the other disabled people with a business they helped fund.

specialstar

This is what i am doing with EPIC , Toran. We are focussing on education and health to help improve things better for those with disabilities to get good grades and progress into paid work

Toran
This is what i am doing with EPIC , Toran. We are focussing on education and health to help improve things better for those with disabilities to get good grades and progress into paid work

Ive looked at the link you sent me and it is something thats so needed in society i can see the positive things its doing to help people. It was after looking at the site I put the topic up for discussion for everybody here to discuss.

Ben

For me, a hard slap in the face, and a glass of ice cold water pored over my head. And some grizzled old man to say, 'Come on! You no good bum!' 

specialstar
Ive looked at the link you sent me and it is something thats so needed in society i can see the positive things its doing to help people. It was after looking at the site I put the topic up for discussion for everybody here to discuss.

Thank you :P

Andy
Theres so much talk about getting disabled people into work but what do you think needs to be done to help you and others instead of a lot of useless talk that doesnt seem to be going anywhere.

Erm, jobs and jobs that pay at least a living wage which is reckoned to be £7.45 an hour outside of London, as anything less will destroy you with stress. As to understand those with disabilities incur higher costs of which DLA used to help with, but DLA is being cut and anyway never kept pace with inflation, leaving what exactly bearing in mind at any one time in the UK there are believed to be about half a million job vacancies where currently there are according to DWP figures 2.5 million unemployed with more to join the ranks of the unemployed following the work ability assessments of which the vast majority fail no matter what their disability.

But it is a sad fact what Britain was, it is no longer, what industry we used to have we don't have anymore and yet the population keeps rising where what jobs are on offer go to the best abled as disabilities laws mean nothing if one is told they are under/over qualified or just plain not suitable through character incompatibility.

But if it was we suddenly had industry where the situation was there was more job vacancies than people able to fill them, I bet a penny to a pound then and then only would we weed out the malingerers, those that don't want to work because the way it is now if the disabled get work that is compatible with their disability it is usually the scrapings at the bottom of the barrel for sod all hours and low pay which only exacerbates disability by creating illness usually of the mental health kind.

But the reason the ill and disabled are being attacked with such suggestions is to divert attention away from other things that our masters don't want to change as defecating on their own doorstep is not what they are about.

Britain always used to be a caring and fair country, what have we become, when we rip into the weakest ?

Toran

I think thats always been the case to be honest the easiest targets are the weaker people or cause. The times have changed with information becoming easier to axcess so theres more knowledge of what is going on now around the world rather than having little or no information in order to come to the conclusion that we have and most probably always have been treated in such a manor.

Andy
I think thats always been the case to be honest the easiest targets are the weaker people or cause. The times have changed with information becoming easier to axcess so theres more knowledge of what is going on now around the world rather than having little or no information in order to come to the conclusion that we have and most probably always have been treated in such a manor.

The information age and revelation of things erstwhile hidden is like we are looking into a mirror and starting to open our eyes to see what we always thought of as others that did such evil is in fact us. We do it by at worst thinking something does not affect us so it's none of our business where perhaps we think the government will look after such issues and at best we might give to charity to absolve our conscience of what we feel for others less fortunate than ourselves. But now the cat is out of the bag, we can put the wrongs right or risk becoming subject to those wrongs ourselves for no one knows what their personal futures hold and these are very much uncertain times, but the question is do we carry on as normal or do we seek to  stop the evil in it's tracks and restore what we always believed about ourselves before we were woken up from our slumber.