Echo

REMEMBER: Asperclick and AsperChat are separate entities! The mods for both services are different. Neither Willow or Chris are affiliated with the running of AsperChat in any way. Thanks

Hi peeps,

I was wondering whether it would be a good idea to start a Skype (voice call and IM only) group; for those of us who are unable to attend structured groups; but, desperately want to connect with other Aspies/Auties (where you don't have to leave the house etc...A group which you can attend whatever issues you may have regarding going to face-to-face meetings).

How many people would be interested in this?

• Instant Messages can be sent whenever you want to share or seek advice; subject to the availability of members at the time of messaging.
  • Voice chats will have to be arranged; regular days, times etc that suit users. Topics will be arranged beforehand via diplomatic vote by members; unless a more pressing matter or emergency is brought to our attention. Acting on the premiss of; "What is said on AsperChat, stays on AsperChat!" - unless a user is displaying signs of wanting to hurt themselves or others (provisions are yet to be put in place as this is just a tester message to see how you guys feel about this idea). Privacy will be respected!

Rules will have to be put in place to protect users and to provide a "safe" place to talk. Decided by the members.

Groups can be set-up for those who share different time zones. Decided/arranged by members.

Any comments or advice will be much appreciated as this is just an idea (not quite thought through; I would like to try this out as an experiment sometime in the near future).

Thanks.

By the way, if you would like to start chatting with me on Skype anyway; please send me a private message x

REMEMBER: Asperclick and AsperChat are separate entities! The mods for both services are different. Neither Willow or Chris are affiliated with the running of AsperChat in any way. Thanks

thegingerone

It's a great idea for connecting with others.  I would definitely think about it.

Alex

Good idea! I might pop in too, as I think it would be a fairly interesting experience...

But I wouldn't do it just to help others and seek my own advice; I would also just do it to have a nice friendly chat about anything, if that is allowed. So therefore, I will ask, are we only allowed to talk about serious stuff, or is it just as much to have a good time with other aspies, like on the forum?

L Lawliet

I would do that but I have no laptop at the moment. As soon as I do I would be interested :)

Echo

Good idea! I might pop in too, as I think it would be a fairly interesting experience...

But I wouldn't do it just to help others and seek my own advice; I would also just do it to have a nice friendly chat about anything, if that is allowed. So therefore, I will ask, are we only allowed to talk about serious stuff, or is it just as much to have a good time with other aspies, like on the forum?

A general chat would be cool too. Not a problem. I hope that it will develop to be a fun informal group. We could use one subject each week as a conversation starter and then allocate some time just to talk/have fun. Another option is; we could split the sessions up into: week 1: introductions and ice breaking, subjects and topics that you would like to talk about in future etc... week 2: a short discussion on one of the topics chosen by the group and then just let it flow and have fun Week 3: off loading and ranting, funny stories, jokes...idk? It would really depend on how you would like for it to operate or what you guys would find beneficial.

Give me a quick overview of what you would like peeps :) maybe the first session will be about how you would like to see this work, structure etc... Any ideas you may have are welcome :)

Edited by Echo

Nesf

Yes, I'd like to join... as long as nobody minds if I listen more than talk because I find it hard to join in on group conversations - I'm not much of a talker :) I also have social anxiety which I need to overcome, I'd be nervous but I can do it :) Also, I don't know if this matters, but I'm a lot older than most other people here.

Kuribo [old account]

I don't think it would work out for me. Not at the moment anyway. Nice idea though. :)

Alex

Also, I don't know if this matters, but I'm a lot older than most other people here.

I don't think it matters what age people are. Personally, I think it's good to have people of varying ages, so that it gets mixed up a bit. Also, sometimes I actually find it easier to talk with older people than myself :)

Edit: Meant to say "people older than myself". So I just screwed up right there!

Edited by Alex

Sofi

Also, I don't know if this matters, but I'm a lot older than most other people here.

I don't think it matters what age people are. Personally, I think it's good to have people of varying ages, so that it gets mixed up a bit. Also, sometimes I actually find it easier to talk with older people than myself :)

Yes. I agree. You know what Kuribo would say  :D Age is a number. and To be honest, I was a naive girl before I came to this forum and I thought I couldn't be friends with anyone a different age to me and certainly not a lot older than me but since this forum, I have made great friends with adults, one I'm not friends with anymore, but I am great friends with Nesf and Megsmum who are 40s, genuinely GREAT friends. Also I am friends with people younger than me like Kuribo and even Willow is 2 years younger than me.

Anyway, it is off topic. 

I don't know how I would feel about a group voice chat but I would feel happier typing group chat.