Kuribo [old account]

Advertising Fix

In case anyone wants to remove ads from Skype, this worked for me.
To remove those annoying tips and promotions, go to Tools → Options → Notifications → Alerts & Messages, and disable them both from there.

Closing Behaviour Fix

As you'll have noticed, Skype hijacks the Windows X button, causing it to minimise Skype rather than closing it.

To fix this, go to Tools → Options → Advanced, and uncheck " Keep Skype in the taskbar while I'm signed in"

Edited by Kuribo

RiRi

Hi Echo, May I join the Asperchat? If so, when are you guys doing another skype session?

Kuribo [old account]

Hi Echo, May I join the Asperchat? If so, when are you guys doing another skype session?

Yeah, everyone is welcome. :)

There will usually be someone on at any time of the day, but it's usually most active from around 9 to 11pm (GMT).

RiRi

Yeah, everyone is welcome. :)

There will usually be someone on at any time of the day, but it's usually most active from around 9 to 11pm (GMT).

Oh ok. Thank you! Can anybody add me?

JakeTrv

That actually sounds like an awesome idea! I would just have to see if I can find my old webcam first. XD

Pinky and his brain

That actually sounds like an awesome idea! I would just have to see if I can find my old webcam first. XD

Hi, Jake. You don't need a webcam at the moment. We only use Skype text Chat at the moment. One day we might move on an use audio and maybe even video. But for now it is only text. So the only thing you need is a Skype account. Which you then PM to Echo. She will then add you. :)

RiRi

I should have pmed Echo my user name. Sorry, I just can't edit it out now. I'm not allowed. :(

Willow

I should have pmed Echo my user name. Sorry, I just can't edit it out now. I'm not allowed. :(

I deleted it for you.

Shōnen Bat

Anyone heard of wickr?

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wickr

I've heard it's as private of a messenger you're gonna get.

Not really.

It might be ok, if everything has been implemented properly and you think you can trust them. Even then, why would you? Equally secure open source alternatives are available without the unnecessary extra risk (there are some phrases on their page that are a bit weird).

Also its iOS and Android specific. It has to be cross-platform to make sense here.