dandelion

Group voice, NO. But I'm ok with Chat Group!

drumkid999

as long as nobody minds if I listen more than talk... I find it hard to join in on group conversations... 

Amen to this, but I'm willing to improve and learn from fellow people in terms of talking at appropriate speeds and not getting jumbled-up with vocabulary in my head, which happens a lot :P:) I'm interested in the idea ^_^

InsomniaDreams

I am very interested I this indeed. How do we want to start it?

Nesf

Yes. I agree. You know what Kuribo would say  :D Age is a number. and To be honest, I was a naive girl before I came to this forum and I thought I couldn't be friends with anyone a different age to me and certainly not a lot older than me but since this forum, I have made great friends with adults, one I'm not friends with anymore, but I am great friends with Nesf and Megsmum who are 40s, genuinely GREAT friends. Also I am friends with people younger than me like Kuribo and even Willow is 2 years younger than me.

Anyway, it is off topic. 

I don't know how I would feel about a group voice chat but I would feel happier typing group chat. 

Aw thanks Sofi, that means a lot to me :) I also have friends of all different ages, some older and some younger - age is of no significance when it comes to friendships.

Amen to this, but I'm willing to improve and learn from fellow people in terms of talking at appropriate speeds and not getting jumbled-up with vocabulary in my head, which happens a lot :P:) I'm interested in the idea ^_^

My problem is not that I talk too fast or too much, but that I talk too little. My greatest fear with the voice chat is that the others would be talking too fast and I wouldn't be able to keep up or get the proverbial word in edgeways, and if I wanted to speak I'd be shouting over the top of everyone else - because this is what usually happens to me in group conversations. I can never get a response in before someone else does and then the conversation moves on.

Edited by Nesf

Alex

I will probably royally screw up my English! My written English is better than my spoken.

On the other hand, I am actually quite used to speaking with friends in English, on Skype etc. So, it can't be that bad.

Echo

We could always start two groups:

1. Solely Instant Messaging - no voice

2. Voice call group

As far as others' involvement; vocally, I tend to be fairly quiet myself (although I intend to take part from time to time). Listening in would be ok. No one is forced to talk, unless they have something that they want to say.

In regards to starting these groups; all that we need to do is:

Make sure that those who want to take part have a Skype account.

PM me your Skype name or I'll PM you with mine - we can add each other.

On my laptop I can drag and drop to create groups (AsperNotes and AsperChat); noting your preferences.

Once we have decided when we want to try this out, I'll message or call the whole group with one click- sounds simples in theory.

No age restrictions; however, for those under the age of 16 yrs; you can take part! But, we need to make sure that it is a "safe environment" for all, so it would be a good idea to be given notice beforehand of this so that we can keep it clean etc...

Did I answer everything that was asked? :)

Echo

Oh yeah, if anyone would like to join at a later date, that should be fine too :)

Kuribo [old account]

No age restrictions; however, for those under the age of 16 yrs; you can take part! But, we need to make sure that it is a "safe environment" for all, so it would be a good idea to be given notice beforehand of this so that we can keep it clean etc...

On what basis do you assume that members under sixteen will be any less able to discuss certain topics that come up in conversation? Unless there is a law which could legally implicate the founder of a Skype group, it would seem that what you are proposing are unnecessary conversational boundaries which are insulting to the intelligence and maturity of younger members, with no basis in reality. Autistic people of any age can be vulnerable and sensitive to certain topics; maturity is not governed by age.