Alex

Sarcasm

Alex

This is pretty cliché, but I find it difficult to pick up on sarcasm in conversations. Often I won't notice that the person I'm talking to is being sarcastic, or I will only realize it much later, after an awkward moment of not understanding the other person...  :blink:

Ben

LOL your going to love me then. I'm the king of sarcasm. 

Alex
LOL your going to love me then. I'm the king of sarcasm. 

Oh boy... xD

Ben

It has landed me in hot water more than once. How i still have a moderating job on the other asperger forum is beyond me. I'll try and put my sarcasm in italics here, so you know i'm being sarcastic. 

Alex
It has landed me in hot water more than once. How i still have a moderating job on the other asperger forum is beyond me. I'll try and put my sarcasm in italics here, so you know i'm being sarcastic. 

That's very kind but I think I'll be fine without italic writing! It's rather easy on the internet, but in real life conversations where everything goes so fast, it's hard :D

Heather

I'm not really good with sarcasm either.  Sometimes I get it, but other times I'm not quick to catch on.  I'm worse at telling it though!  I usually feel the need to say "just kidding" or laugh when saying it or after saying it.  I think there were times I tried to be sarcastic but people didn't seem to get it, I think because they were either not used to be being sarcastic or because I didn't have the tone of voice that usually accompanies it, or both.  But oh well I'm usually fine.  My boyfriend likes to joke around though, and I'm used to a lot of it now so will usually catch on, but he still catches me up sometimes. :)  I think he said he learned to use humour because it can make awkard social situations easier. 

Guest Chris

I feel I'm pretty good with sarcasm. If it's very subtle then I might miss it, but then most people probably will if it's that subtle.

I guess to be clear, people should be 'overly' sarcastic to make it clear they're joking.

Willow

Hmm I'm not sure about sarcasm.

I know @A-S Warrior to be very sarcastic, and it's awkward to watch a topic on a forum unfold when no one has understood the 'joke' :P

For some reason, it seems to only be my Dad that catches me out with sarcasm. Most other people I'm fine with. But most other people I know are, as Chris mentioned, overly sarcastic.

I think I'm pretty sarcastic myself, but again, it's over the top, so it's obvious.

specialstar

I am also a person that cannot pick on some sarcasm. Some people i assume are not being sarcastic when they are.

Mark

I'm good at using sarcasm.  I can usally read sarcasm, but not always, especailly if I don't know the person well.