Alex

Sarcasm

Erythrura
Indeed it makes things easier when meeting new people... I love sarcasm although sometimes my sarcasm is too advanced for others to pick up and end up looking like an idiot. :wacko: lol

lol I have that same problem with people misunderstanding me after I make a sarcastic comment...typically we have difficulties with reading body language, but 'neurotypical people' also seem to have difficulties reading our body language  :P

Willow
Indeed it makes things easier when meeting new people... I love sarcasm although sometimes my sarcasm is too advanced for others to pick up and end up looking like an idiot. :wacko: lol

lol I have that same problem with people misunderstanding me after I make a sarcastic comment...typically we have difficulties with reading body language, but 'neurotypical people' also seem to have difficulties reading our body language   :P

l am the same - I think I'm too subtle with sarcasm - too serious. And people sort of look at me like...erm, for real or?...

Whoknows

OK. I'll try sarcasm:

I love your ports. Your setup makes my wire light with fire and my walls to fall for data stream. Every piece of 0s and 1s couples with each other iterating orders for an update, pluggin in new hardware for our server room.

mary

I am forever being told to stop being so sarcastic, not so much online though.  I don't know, sarcasm comes easily to me, so why not use it!?!  I think, to be honest though, sometimes it just happens without me even realising it.  Maybe a defense mechanism sometimes... hmm!

Matt

I used to get suckered in with sarcasm and was way too naive, sometimes to the point of bullying. Years later, I am ridiculously sarcastic, but always make sure people know I am taking the mickey.

Andy

Sarcasm when it is present I don't notice it and it has caused problems in the past because I do the literal thing.

Sofi

I have trouble with getting sarcasm in person and on the internet. I take everything very literally. I don't really get peoples' jokes in their conversation either. I don't know how to use sarcasm either

Andy
I have trouble with getting sarcasm in person and on the internet. I take everything very literally. I don't really get peoples' jokes in their conversation either. I don't know how to use sarcasm either

Oh I can do sarcasm, but the trouble is, no one understands my sarcasm, so I resist where possible as my sarcasm has caused offence before.

Stressmonster
Oh I can do sarcasm, but the trouble is, no one understands my sarcasm, so I resist where possible as my sarcasm has caused offence before.

I hear ya. I have sarcasm that puts people off instead of being funny. To me it's hilarious but others just look at me like i have some disease they might catch lol. :P

Sofi
I hear ya. I have sarcasm that puts people off instead of being funny. To me it's hilarious but others just look at me like i have some disease they might catch lol. :P

I say things that I think are hilarious and yes  other people have absolutely no idea it seems! That is just my sense of humour though, rather than sarcasm.