JakeTrv

Just one of those days

JakeTrv

Returning from the local High school on a bitter, and anxious note. Now I know that this doesn't just happen to me of course. Everyone can have a bad day, whether it's work, school, or just a simple day off. Just seeing some of the typical High School drama going on, and people that irritate me just acting like clowns. Makes me shake my head in disgust, and of course to top it all off, the teacher lectures the whole class because of one student's behavior. I guess that's what happens with Aspergers, where stuff like that makes my stress level go up sometimes, and makes me a little angry about it. But I know that I always find ways to ease the stress, like listening to music, drawing pictures of how I feel, and playing basketball in my backyard. If anyone would like to share one of their memories from a rotten day, or bring up a good way, to ease the stress, feel free to talk about it. :)

Toran

To me it seems as if one of those days comes around quite often, im working on adapting my thoughs to reduce this but it isnt easy and with so many AS related frustrations it can be a bit of a challenge. Ive had a life that has given many challenges to overcome I guess because of how I am with the syndrome. It has made a difference finding out why, my day can be one of those days quite often because people cant see the logic in the way things need to be done to my mind. A dripping tap drives me to distraction I hate being shut in and even if its cold I have to have a window open otherwise I cant sleep. Im quite happy in my own way but its coming into contact with others who say I have a problem is the problem. I dont want to hurt anybody or upset anyone and am peaceful in the way I approach life I just wish to avoid these days people would just stop trying to change me into something im not I cant help how I am neithet do I feel bad about it or ashamed. Just let me live my life like so called normal people do who go about there life in their own way, the only difference to them and me is a syndrome it doesnt mean I have to have one of those days everyday just because you dont see things inthe same way I do.

Willow

Every day at school was on of these days - a string of bullying, being alone at break time and teachers shouting at the other kids was just awful for me.

The worst days would be when a new rumor was going around about me - especially if it was something to do with 'my Dad not loving me' because when I was in high school I wasn't getting along with my Dad very well, so it felt like it was true, but I couldn't understand how everyone at school knew.

I didn't cope very well with any of it, so it just got worse and piled up until I had a meltdown - and when I was having a meltdown every day I moved schools. The older I got the less I cared about what people were saying.

Khasper

For me it seems that one of those days has turned in to one of those months lately.

It is pretty bad as I try to take a day and work calls and I get the 'I know you are on your day off but.....' and my boss is a workaholic, and expects everyone else to follow.

I also get the silent treatment which gives me flashbacks to school when I would get bullied.

For me it is the anxiety that gets me, every time my phone goes off I get really tense and shaky.

Toran
For me it seems that one of those days has turned in to one of those months lately.

It is pretty bad as I try to take a day and work calls and I get the 'I know you are on your day off but.....' and my boss is a workaholic, and expects everyone else to follow.

I also get the silent treatment which gives me flashbacks to school when I would get bullied.

For me it is the anxiety that gets me, every time my phone goes off I get really tense and shaky.

I can sympathise with that it's all to common today unfortunately but to us it's even more difficult to contemplate because of how we are I guess. Have you considered looking for something else I know it's hard and jobs are scarce but life shouldn't be difficult all the time in work and there may be something out there that suits you much better.

Sofi

I have had many rotten days in my life. When I attended school, I didn't particularly have too many days that were bad because of school. My school (a special school) was fairly laid back in regards to my autism and would let me get on with my work by myself if I wanted. I was understood at school and luckily, there was no bullying. I suppose I would have been a target for bullying had I attended a mainstream school. During bad times I have had in my home life, I actually looked forward to going to school, it was like a safe haven for me. 

My bad days have mostly been on days I wasn't at school, involving sensory overload in shops or public transport leading me to have a meltdown or panic attack, or bad times at home. I've been through some difficult times and had pretty much a 'bad year' for a couple of years. 

Nowadays, I have less bad days but I sometimes feel depressed with the lack of prospects in my life and have rubbish days. I don't know if I fully understand this topic actually. 

Arthur
Returning from the local High school on a bitter, and anxious note. Now I know that this doesn't just happen to me of course. Everyone can have a bad day, whether it's work, school, or just a simple day off. Just seeing some of the typical High School drama going on, and people that irritate me just acting like clowns. Makes me shake my head in disgust, and of course to top it all off, the teacher lectures the whole class because of one student's behavior. I guess that's what happens with Aspergers, where stuff like that makes my stress level go up sometimes, and makes me a little angry about it. But I know that I always find ways to ease the stress, like listening to music, drawing pictures of how I feel, and playing basketball in my backyard. If anyone would like to share one of their memories from a rotten day, or bring up a good way, to ease the stress, feel free to talk about it. :)

Ahh yes I was the same when in school and high-school. In 2006 I had major mentdown due school, and spent a week in psychiatric hospital I was put on Paxil 20mg. I am still on it now. It helps allot with the stress and being social.

Sofi

@Arthur - I am sorry to hear about your difficult time. I am glad you've got something that helps you now. 

Khasper
I can sympathise with that it's all to common today unfortunately but to us it's even more difficult to contemplate because of how we are I guess. Have you considered looking for something else I know it's hard and jobs are scarce but life shouldn't be difficult all the time in work and there may be something out there that suits you much better.

I totally agree and I have an interview in 2 hours and 28 minutes.

The thing that really got me looking was when they asked me to be who I was a few years ago.

It is a crazy market out there.

Trying to block everything out to relax, otherwise I will over analyze what I'm going to do and say.

Arthur
@Arthur - I am sorry to hear about your difficult time. I am glad you've got something that helps you now. 

Yeah but see I was in a foreign country called China yeah that made even worse. And i had to live in that shit country for 2 and half years. Your mind goes mental in that type of a country.