JakeTrv

Just one of those days

spiderwoman0_2

Well if we're all having a moan then here's mine...............totally fed up of being in pain and problems with walking :(

iggy
When it comes to having bad days I guess I have had more than a few in the past 6 years, when the transplant failed (I thought I had a stomach bug) I was in hospital for 3 weeks and when they send you for an ultrasound and put a portable defibrillator machine under the trolley you know it’s serious!

I have spent days with head in the toilet being sick after dialysis, the needle sites have bled and I have lost countless shirts as a result (note to self – never wear white shirts on dialysis!). I have been depressed, and had some truly dark days.

I have to watch what I eat and how much I drink, I am constantly tired and I have seen people die.

And today I felt fed up, and tired.

I'm sorry to hear about this. Is there still a possibility of gaining a kidney if a donor is found, or has your body given up on that?

If you can have a kidney, I hope that one is donated and is compatible :)

Sofi
Well if we're all having a moan then here's mine...............totally fed up of being in pain and problems with walking :(

Why are you having those problems? I am sorry for you  :(

Toran
When it comes to having bad days I guess I have had more than a few in the past 6 years, when the transplant failed (I thought I had a stomach bug) I was in hospital for 3 weeks and when they send you for an ultrasound and put a portable defibrillator machine under the trolley you know it’s serious!

I have spent days with head in the toilet being sick after dialysis, the needle sites have bled and I have lost countless shirts as a result (note to self – never wear white shirts on dialysis!). I have been depressed, and had some truly dark days.

I have to watch what I eat and how much I drink, I am constantly tired and I have seen people die.

And today I felt fed up, and tired.

Theres little that can be said to make you feel better but you have all my best wishes and thoughts for you at this time. Life never fails to surprise and there may be a donor become available for you the fact is you can never be sure so there is always hope and you have good decent people around you thats a treasure in itself.

spiderwoman0_2
Why are you having those problems? I am sorry for you  :(

Well I have rheumatoid arthritis and my joints are not so good.

Spiderman0_2
I'm sorry to hear about this. Is there still a possibility of gaining a kidney if a donor is found, or has your body given up on that? If you can have a kidney, I hope that one is donated and is compatible :)

Since I have had a transplant and a couple of blood transfusions my immune system has become 'primed' against foreign tissue. Although it is still possible to get a tissue typed transplant, and I am on the list, it is realistically unlikely.  I was told by the transplant surgeon I may get a call but only as a 'back up', (4 people are called and the best 2 matches go forward).

I have accepted that a transplant is unlikely.

I was letting off a bit of steam, in the past couple of months there have been some deaths at the unit and it makes you realise just how valuable life is :)

Toran

Have you ever tried any alternative health care for this as well as conventual medicine

spiderwoman0_2
Have you ever tried any alternative health care for this as well as conventual medicine

No, I'm not much of a believer I'm afraid and to be honest I doubt there would be much out there, I have really good medication that keeps me out of a wheelchair which is brilliant and I've just got some strong pain killers but I don't like to take too many of those.

Sofi

I am sorry to hear that, I hope you and your husband Mr Spiderman are okay I will be thinking about you. At least you have a great family it seems. 

Toran
No, I'm not much of a believer I'm afraid and to be honest I doubt there would be much out there, I have really good medication that keeps me out of a wheelchair which is brilliant and I've just got some strong pain killers but I don't like to take too many of those.

I agree with you there constant pain killers arnt good for you in the long term but sometimes we have little choice. I'm not against medicine I'm on antidepressants myself at the moment. Everybody has their beliefs about alternative medicines but when you see that barks of trees and plants have been curing people for thousands of years personally I believe there is different approach to compliment medicine. What convinced me was that American Indians were using cures throughout their history then along came the pharmaceutical giants and took the discovery and market it as their own discovery. There was proof that the tribe had been using this cure for many years and they took the company to court and they won. Theres more to what goes on than we see and would they distribute a cure without cost if they found one or would they market it for high profit. Everyone is perfectly entitled to their opinion but in this day information is out there if you research it all I say is keep an open mind and see the evidence for yourself.