Tylermc

Does anybody on the forum like too watch the AnMish videos on YouTube

Myrtonos

As far as I know, Maja seems to have pioneered vlogging about personal experiences from an A.S.D perspective. At first, she just had a music channel under her real name. At that time, she didn't seem to see the need for an alias, after all, if you have publicly viewable videos showing one's face and also presenting one's voice, why not provide the name you use in person.

But late in 2009, she set up a second channel under the now famous alias @TheAnMish. At first, that channel was about religion, but after encountering many reportedly awful people and even receiving various threats she switched to Asperger's syndrome, which at the time wasn't discussed much on blogs.

By the way, she still had some videos concerning religion when I came across her channel, but they were later dumped, and shortly afterwards, she even messaged me asking me to stop mentioning her beliefs, telling me that her channel is about A.S.D and nothing else, even though two videos not about A.S.D were still there at the time, one being Animals in Entertainment and another, still up, being a music video. I was puzzled at the time how she could claim that until I learned that she expressed herself less than precisely.

The most memorable AnMish video is probably 'If I was pretending, what would be the purpose' but has since disappeared. She often consigns old videos to the dustbin, often as regrettable ideas.

Probably another important one I'll leave you all with right now is:

Don't say "aspie", it's offensive!!!

RiRi

I was starting to watch that video of her. I remember she saying she had to re-do the video a couple of times because she kept getting angry when talking about it. I wonder what she's up to now. I think she went to study to Australia last year or was doing some field work, not sure if she's done with that now. @Myrtonos it seems like you followed her since the beginning, since before she started doing Aspie videos. How did you find her? Were you interested in religion?

Myrtonos

The first video I saw of hers, made when she had black hair, was about Asperger's but she did still have some videos concerning religion.

Curlew
On 10 February 2016 at 1:36 PM, Makelets said:

I think she went to study to Australia last year or was doing some field work, not sure if she's done with that now. @Myrtonos 

Yes, a year and a half ago, Maya was here in Brisbane, Australia, observing clinic hours with both Tony Attwood and Winnie Lau. I was diagnosed by Winnie just 4 days ago. I'm very lucky that they (Attwood and Lau) live and practice in my city. 

Curlew

I of course meant to write Maja, not Maya :) 

Myrtonos

And the big new is in:

But Asperclick isn't mentioned in this video, still.

RiRi

@Myrtonos Thank you for posting. I like her videos. :) And this video made me wonder what her actual real natural hair color is since she's changed it many times. Has she ever mentioned Asperclick in her videos? 

Myrtonos

She does change it, and one change seems to have coincided with a change in personality and even manner of speaking. No, she mentioned in one video, still there, that she, at the time of making it, didn't know of any autism website other than wrong planet.

RiRi
Just now, Myrtonos said:

She does change it, and one change seems to have coincided with a change in personality and even manner of speaking. No, she mentioned in one video, still there, that she, at the time of making it, didn't know of any autism website other than wrong planet.

Oh, so she never mentioned Asperclick? I like how black hair color looks on her.