Tylermc

Does anybody on the forum like too watch the AnMish videos on YouTube

Myrtonos

But when she had it, she was quite blunt, and her manner of speaking at the time was less soothing, though still more cultured than a typical American of either sex..

Edited by Myrtonos

RiRi
Just now, Myrtonos said:

But when she had it, she was blunter, and her manner of speaking at the time was less soothing, though still more cultured than a typical American of either sex..

lol I've only seen a video of when she had black hair, but I can see why it can be associated with being blunter. I hope she changes it to black and still has that soft soothing voice she has. :) She has an American accent though she's from Denmark. I think she once mentioned she had the American one rather than the UK because it sounded more natural. :lol: I think that's what she said anyway, maybe you know what video I'm talking about. 

Myrtonos

Actually, it's not quite a typical American accent, compare here speech to that of an American woman with similar pitch range and you'll see what I mean. One distinction you can make, I think, is the way she says 'so' as she often does, especially at the beginning of a video.

RiRi
Just now, Myrtonos said:

Actually, it's not quite a typical American accent, compare here speech to that of an American woman with similar pitch range and you'll see what I mean. One distinction you can make, I think, is the way she says 'so' as she often does, especially at the beginning of a video.

The way she speaks sounds similar to how I speak. Though, I probably don't have the "typical" American accent. Eastern American accents, I've noticed sound a lot more confident than the accent I'm used to. I've been told by others that my accent sounds neutral. Like there are areas (western, eastern) with different accents, but mine is just like standard I guess. Some say it sounds hispanic (though I think they mean the tone). 

Myrtonos

I didn't realise you were American. But is your 'so' any different from hers? But nevertheless, her accent is American enough to be misleading, she is still culturally more European, in her favourite food, and in her attitudes towards the influence of American culture, with the apparent exception of her take-up of the internet (founded in the states and still ultimately American run), and big names like Facebook and YouTube, the latter being founded in Silicon Valley and hosted today in the same city (San Bruno) where the first McDonald's restaurant opened.

lifeis
9 hours ago, Myrtonos said:

By the way, Maja has completed her 100 happy days, though skipping some including day 99, see her facebook. Congratulate her!

I've watched all her uploads to youtube☹ I wish she'd post more.

Myrtonos

But she says something in a facebook video about when she'll do that.

RiRi
11 hours ago, Myrtonos said:

By the way, Maja has completed her 100 happy days, though skipping some including day 99, see her facebook. Congratulate her!

Can you do the 100 happy days any time or was it just around this time? Do you know if she's done Facebook live? 

Myrtonos

I'm not on facebook, and know next to nothing about those tags.

Edited by Myrtonos